[Mkguild] "To Steal a Soul" -- Endnotes

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:41:49 CDT 2007

And there you have it, folks.  Wow, 24,500+ words!  I never thought
I'd be able to pull something that huge off!  Obviously this is *tiny*
compared to many other MK tales out there, but this is quite a feat
for me.  Would you believe I started this blasted thing in April?

I learned a lot about writing through this tale.  There are plenty of
parts that didn't come out as smoothly as I thought they should.  A
number of the key scenes I had in my mind for many months, and I'm
very happy with how they came out.  But one problem that often arose
was getting from Awesome Scene A to Awesome Scene B.  Not as easy as I
thought!  Maybe next time I should do some actual planning or outlines
or something... (Heh...)

I'm sure you noticed that not a whole lot gets resolved here, and
plenty more questions are raised than answers.  Basically I'm setting
up for a nice long MK writing career. :) The plot kind of falls apart
half way though as I start introducing new things left and right.
This sounded like a better idea than I think it turned out, and I hope
it doesn't hurt the story too much.

Anyway, I will be cleaning this up, changing a few words, possibly
clarifying a few descriptions, etc.  Everyone's comments have been
tremendously helpful, and I cannot thank you all enough.

Thanks for reading!

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://virmir.com -- Some of my stories!