[Mkguild] Running Wild (part 2 of ?)

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Thu Sep 27 19:58:08 CDT 2007

>Jael getting settled in at Metamor Keep.  Comments and criticisms
>are always appreciated!
>
>Running Wild (Chapter 2)

Onne thing you have to keep a watch out for is that some symbol of
yours is being mangled by your email program:

Jael grunted his assent softly, not able to argue with that in any
way.  "I suppose so."  One hand went to the back of his neck,
worrying at the patch of fur growing there.  It had spread since he
had first felt it, spreading over the majority of the back of his
neck, merging with his hair and beginning to spread down his back as
well.  The thin hair on his arms and legs had thickened, and for the
first time in his life it felt like he was beginning to grow a
beard.  "Fine.  A short tour$B!D(Band I definitely would like to know
where the privy is."

Note the bizzare control symbols in the last sentence of the
paragraph?  That shows up all over your document.  It makes it
difficult to read and critique.

As for the story itself, it seems pretty good.  I think you have an
interesting main character, and Alan seems a nice enough fellow.  I
just have to ask, why did you have to introduce ANOTHER fox?  I'm so
tired of everybody making canine/vulpine characters!  Gah!!  Sorry,
just a pet peeve of mine.  You can make your characters whatever you like.

I think the way you flip back and forth between the present and the
past is pretty good.

If I wasn't woefully behind on all things Metamor, I would give you a
more thorough critique.  Once I am caught up and can spend more time
on an individual story I'll make sure to do so.

Welcome to Metamor Keep!  I look forward to your next story!