[Mkguild] Running Wild (part 2 of ?)

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Thu Sep 27 20:48:06 CDT 2007

At 09:35 PM 9/27/2007, Shazer Fox wrote:
>Well, jeez, Matt.  I don't remember seeing so many foxes and wolves
>as you make it out to be, but I, of course, haven't read the entire archive.
>Is it so bad that more people play canine characters because those
>are animals they're more familiar with, because of family pets,
>literature / movies, and bedtime stories?
>And then is it such a horrible thing that people with canine
>furry-selves wish to inject them into Metamor Keep and write stories
>about them?  I thought Metamor was about accepting people for who
>they are, regardless of their species??
>I think the Metamor universe has an incredibly diverse range of
>characters.  Where else will you find an anthro grasshopper?
>
>Stop discouraging new authors like me from contributing, because I'm
>oh-so close to giving up thanks to your callous comments.

I'm not trying to discourage you from contributing.  You should write
about what you want to write about.  Nor were my comments intended to
be callous.  My comments were a statement of frustration born out of
what appears to be a broad commonality amongst more recently
introduced characters.

I love dogs, and if not for my own dog, I would not be as
well-adjusted as I am.  I have nothing against dogs or foxes per se.

I'm sorry I upset you.  But of the new characters introduced in the
last few months, almost every single one is either a fox or a dog.

Again, I'm sorry.  Please forgive my outburst.