[Mkguild] Clarification Re: Fireworks and their alternatives

Hallan Mirayas hallanmirayas at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:48:14 EDT 2008

1- Perhaps I should clarify what I'm asking.  The ingredients for gunpowder=
, here in the real world, are not greatly expensive.  Making fireworks is n=
ot that expensive a proposition.  How rare are the ingredients for dragon d=
ust?  How expensive is it to create?  Would it be economically feasible to =
use dragon dust to make fireworks, or would dragon dust be too expensive to=
 use on something so frivolous?

2- If dragon dust is too expensive, what are our other options, and how eco=
nomically feasible are they?

I like the idea of a dragon dogfight.  They make their own flame, so expens=
e of ingredients is not important.  They're doing what they do naturally an=
d having fun in a competition, so they're not likely to consider it demeani=
ng, like a mage putting on a lightshow might.  Have Pascal give them some g=
low-in-the-dark paint to decorate themselves with and set up a lower limit =
of the dogfight beyond which fire is not allowed, and give them targets tie=
d by a string to their tails or something for the others to attack...  This=
 could work, and it fits in well with the Harvest Festival theme.  Maybe it=
 doesn't even need to be just dragons, but any flyer who wanted in, and a '=
catch the target' goal instead of a 'flame the target' goal.  Thoughts?

> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:19:32 -0700
> From: joeschoder2 at charter.net
> To: mkguild at lists.integral.org
> CC: mkguild-request at lists.integral.org
> Subject: [Mkguild] Re: Fireworks and their alternatives
> =

> There are, if I remember right, at least three dragons at the Keep, perha=
ps they could be persuaded to put on an aerial fireworks show.
> =

> Drake Taggard
> =

> > Message: 1
> > Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:42:19 -0500
> > From: Hallan Mirayas <hallanmirayas at hotmail.com>
> > Subject: [Mkguild] Fireworks and their alternatives
> > To: Metamor Keep <mkguild at lists.integral.org>
> > =

> > =

> > Since there is no gunpowder in Metamor, what other options might there =
be f=3D
> > or a 'fireworks' display at a fall festival at Metamor?
> > =

> > Dragon dust-  How expensive is it?  How rare?
> > =

> > Magecraft- Again, what expense and effort to produce a show-worthy resu=
lt, =3D
> > and would a mage consider it 'worthy of his dignity'?
> > =

> > Any other ideas, or shall we consider 'fireworks' as shot down for an i=
dea?
> > =

> > Hallan
> > =

> > Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with =
Wind=3D
> > ows=3DAE.
> > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
18eb=3D
> > 9a/attachment.html
> > =

> =

> =

Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Wind=
ows=AE.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/