[Mkguild] Questions about geograpgy of MK

Raven Blackmane ravenb at transform.to
Tue Feb 26 20:15:43 EST 2008

coal train wrote:
> i am working on a story for MK, and i need a few questions of the
> geography of MK,
>
> 1)where is the Barrier range in relation to MK and what , if anything,
> has been explored past that?
>
> 2) i know that MK is near the coast, but which coast(e/w) and how near?
>
> 3) i would like to know some of the names of towns around the Keep,
> and their general locations in relation to MK, direction and distance.

Hello!

Your best bet is to check out the MK maps at
http://transform.to/~ravenb/pics/mkmaps.html.  There are a lot of
different levels of detail available to help you see how Metamor fits
into the world. In answer to your specific questions:

1.) The Barrier Range is east of Metamor Keep and divides the Giantdowns
from the Midlands. We've seen a lot of the Giantdowns in the stories,
particularly in Ryx's "Warding the Watchwoods" and its sequels. The
Barrier Range itself is mostly covered by glaciers, but other writers
have shown us pockets of interesting stuff here and there, like the
Nuah-Kee aeries and the ruins of the Amber Order.

2.) MK is near the west coast of Galendor, about a day's ride north of
the port town of Menth. The closest part of the ocean is the Sea of Stars.

3.) You can find these towns on the Midlands map
(http://transform.to/~ravenb/pics/midlandsmap.jpg).

Cheers,

Raven

--

"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of
the subject or feel that choosing science means that you cannot also