[Mkguild] Re: [TSA] Two questions

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Jan 24 19:21:36 EST 2008

Hallan Mirayas wrote:

> These may sound a bit odd, but I promise they're for story research.
>
> 1- How long after eating some nutmeg would a dog start feeling
> its toxic effects?
>
> 2- Has anybody out there had a seizure?  What did it feel like?
>
> Hallan

Quite a good question ...

I asked my Good Buddy Google (TM) what I could read about
the subject ... nutmeg toxicology

There were 10,700 citations for this subject search.

Should I send all 10,700 of them to you? ... Just kidding.

 From what I could see, messing around with nutmeg is
a very, very bad idea ...

Please kids, don't do this at home without adult supervision.

Here are just a few for you that you could read ...

Nutmeg FactFile

Toxicology of nutmeg abuse

Nutmeg Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings

The toxicology of nutmeg is unpredictable

I also googled for the subject ...

toxicology nutmeg dog

... and got 883 citations

As an example ...

Toxicity of Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) in the Dog

HTH ... but YMMV

BTW, I intentionally omited the links to the citations.

--
Martin