[Mkguild] The Memories of Bone part 1 AGAIN! plain test

Stephen Tigner stephen.tigner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 04:38:23 EST 2008

Ah hah! It's "scrambled" (actually MIME-encoded) because you're
getting the messages in digest format, and because of how the digest
works, Gmail doesn't know it needs to decode that section.

Chris, are you using MS Outlook to post these messages? If not, what
application are you using?
The headers of your email say you're using MS Outlook, so here's some
links I found with instructions on how to send emails in plain text.
You need to go in and set it to plain text (instead of the default of
rich or HTML text) and paste in the story.
To send plain text in Outlook 2000:
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/elist/text/outlook2000.html
Outlook 2002/2003:
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/elist/text/outlook2002.html
Outlook 2007: http://www.pluralsight.com/community/blogs/craig/archive/2007/04/17/46814.aspx
and http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-5767,subcat-OFFICESOFT.html?print=true

In the meantime, if you switch from digest to individual emails,
Fizzie, the messages won't be scrambled anymore.
I should know, that's how mine is setup (with Gmail) and the messages
all came through nice and unscrambled.

-- Stephen

P.S. Another trick you can try is to take all the text from that
message, from the "Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:37:59 -0500" line
downward, paste it into a text file and rename it to a .eml extension.
(Make sure if you're using Windows that you have "Hide extensions for
known file types" disabled in Windows Explorer when doing this
renaming, or it won't work properly.) Once it's been renamed, try
double-clicking it, and see if an email program (like OE or
Thunderbird) opens and decodes it for you. I've used this trick before
when I've run into situations like this and it's worked great.