Fwd: [Mkguild] Messages and Letters delivery on MK setting

Pontos daemonpontos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 19:46:32 EDT 2008

I don't see overseas locations as a priority, or even within the
possibilities of a normal bird.
To limit the system only for official matters or for wealthy people
seems like a good idea; an open-to-the-public service is not exactly
going to happen in such time.
For longer travels I think domesticated birds bigger than homing pigeons
will be better (Hawks and the like).

So as you say, this could be implemented in a smaller scale basically
only to improve the communication between different rulers around the
continent. Whales (or the southlands for that matter) still have their
dragons for such task.
Certainly that seems more likely to happen before a full fledged open
service. After all, normal letters are being sent in the best (or only)
way available to people at the time, and none of them being anywhere as
organized as a mail service.

Pontos