[Mkguild] Messages and Letters delivery on MK setting

Pontos daemonpontos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:20:01 EDT 2008

I'd rather leave the public service aside. Now that i think deeply on
it, an open and public service will definitely not fit on the setting.
Now, Misha told me that nobles and monarchs most assuredly already have
some official system to stay in contact with each other, but it was
never established or commented in any story so far. Starting off of
this, we could assume that an organized avian-based delivery for such
letters was already implemented (a nice and feasible way to introduce a
retcon :D).
So this can be reduced simply to fill a hole in how things are done in
the setting.

Regarding the danger on the birds, homing pigeons never have had any
problem delivering letters as far as I know. They can't get lost since
all they do is going back home from a certain point (hence, the two
specific points to travel to and from I stated before).
About other birds proving to be a complication for the messengers, since
pigeons haven't had problems with that, bigger birds shouldn't have
problems either.

What do you think about establishing this as the way in which monarchs
maintained contact all this time?

Pontos

PD: I sent this in the morning, but only to Tatsu...