[Mkguild] More Snail Tales!

Michael Bard bard.michael at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 19:14:45 EDT 2008

As I recall, when Pythagoras found out about the Irration Number SQR(2) he
was not impressed.  Numbers are not irrational!  So, he buried it as a
classified secret of himself and his followers, the Pythagoreans.  So, the
Secret Society that Roger is a member of, believe in the Sacred Oddness of
Irrationality, and hence consider SQR(2) a holy and secret number.  Thus
they are dedicated to calculating its absolute value (even though that is
impossible -- see "The Nine Billion Names of God") and then hiding it away,
using Roger's shell as in impenetrable vault to maintain the secret.

Damn you Fox Cutter for bringing Pythagorean madness to Metamor!

Michael Bard