[Mkguild] House Broken Part 3

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:14:22 EDT 2009

The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that magic exists in this
universe. It is fully possible for someone to create a poison that would act
quickly and deadly. Virmir beat me to it, but I totally agree that slipping
someone an age regression tonic before a war would just be impractical. And
for the argument that people would want it for themselves, MK has other
secrets that it's guarding, such as a rather large deposit of mithril of
which rumor has yet to get out about.

And to Matthias: it's not really transformations which is what people fear,
so much as magic and the lack of control they have. Magic is viewed by most
of the ecclesia as demonic in and of itself, a weapon used by the dark. For
most other people, it's not quite understood and since people fear what they
don't understand, you end up with this. Yes there are mages everywhere it
seems, but to the common person, it's a mystical art where a person could
look at you and you'd die. I don't believe it's the transformation in
specific that people fear, it's the process of being marked by something
they don't get and not having control over it. The only control they have is
choosing whether or not they let the magic work on them, they have no idea
what the end result will be. Probably any other effect from a curse would be
equally mistrusted and feared, even if it was something so simple as a
change in eye color. Like most magic, transformation isn't particularly
common (outside MK anyway) and so it IS feared, but just remember that most
other magic is feared as well. So we don't need to be too careful about
limiting it outside MK, just don't make it blatent which should be self
evident.

Kit

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Hallan Mirayas <hallanmirayas at hotmail.com>w=
rote: