[Mkguild] Cut Down A Long Peg

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:41:10 EDT 2009

A very interesting story. In particular Thomas' reaction to the letter is
rather amusing. However, I noticed something that'll probably be a problem.
Shortly after the Winter Assault, Misha promised to Caroline that he was
going to retire after his next raid and stop going on wars. He might still
lead and deploy the long scouts, but he wouldn't go on the trip himself. You
should be able to fix that easily enough though.

Kit

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Stealth <stealthcat15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Short story for a new cycle
>
> Cut Down a Long Peg
> Copyright (c) 2009 Michael Nastov
>

> Late January 708
>
>        The vulpine wrapped his claws on the desk, his gray eyes cold and
> good ear folded back. In front of the fox a cheetah sat, stroking a
> bruised arm as well as a bruised ego.
>
>        =93What did they say to you?=94 Misha asked calmly.
>
>        =93=91His grace does not care to be bothered by a messenger.=92=94=
 Stealth
> answered, =93I told him it was an important message from you that needed
> his attention.=94
>
>        =93And the seal? Did you show them the seal on your harness?=94
>
>        =93I did...=94 The cat glowered, =93He told me to leave before the=
 Duke
> [...]
he
> Duke
> snapped. =93Bring me George. Bring George now. I want that dog in here
> NOW!=94
>
> ------
>
>        =93Where did he go exactly and when?=94 The horse lord asked quick=
ly,
> his
> tail flicking back and forth.
>
>        =93You should have read his first message.=94 The jackal answered =
idly,
> finding the whole thing slightly amusing. He fancied a sip of wine
> from the cabinet yonder though the Duke wasn=92t offering.
>
>        =93WHAT MESSAGE?!=94 The duke demanded in a whiny.
>
>        =93Why don=92t you ask your guards? Since it=92s clear Stealth nev=
er got
> past them.=94 George put his legs up. Even he didn=92t dare rest his
> leather shoed paws on his lord=92s mahogany desk so he used the other
> cushioned chair.
>
>        =93S . . .?=94 The equine started, perplexed, =93Thalberg=92s kitc=
hen
> thief?=94
>
>        =93No,=94 George said calmly. =93Stealth the courier, scout and fr=
iend of
> Edmund and Misha. He has been running errands for them for some time.=94
>
>        Thomas kicked the canine=92s legs off the chair, =93Bring me the c=
aptain
> of the Guard. NOW!=94 He ordered one of his aides. =93As for you,=94 He
> pointed at George, =93You should be ashamed, Misha is under your command
> and YOU let him leave!=94
>
>        George shook his head slowly. =93I am with Misha on this. We need =
> hit those people NOW. Not stand around like fools trying to negotiate
> with them. We thump them once or twice and they WILL start to talk a
> lot more to us.=94
>
>        =93And you NEVER brought it to my attention, not once. Just now.=
=94

>        George growled. =93I DID. Misha and me both talked to you about th=
ese
> raiders. Talked to you about going after their base outside the
> valley. You kept brushing us off.=94
>
>        =93My liege?=94 a woman standing at the door asked.
>
>        It was the captain of his guards. Like all gender morphs she had t=
he
> ability to become a bimbo, however, the female human was also able to
> use her curse in other cosmetic ways =96 her bust was actually quite
> modest but her hair was very long and reached down to her legs. It was
> very silky and beautiful, from afar it could be mistaken for a horse=92s
> tail, one that rivalled that of the duke!
>
>        =93This will take a moment, Myrddin,=94 Thomas turned to George, =
=93Get
> out.=94
>
>        George growled and stood up, turning he walked silently past the
> woman and out of the room without another word.
>
>        Thomas ignored the canine and ushered the human into the room. =93=
I=92m