[Mkguild] [resend, just in case] Links of the past - part one 'Silver and Crimson'

Yeehim yeehim at o2.pl
Tue Nov 17 23:05:39 UTC 2009

Here is my first try at writing a story for MK. Sorry for in advice for my
poor English and grammar. All I have in my defense, is that it's not my home
language. I know it's really short, but instead of making a longer one I split
it into parts. One issue is translating my hand notes into English. Another,
reading them after myself >.>''
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the story. Hope it's not as bad, as I see it,
and that it fits the wonderful playground, that has been created with Metamor.

If it's that bad, note to self - no writing during my nightshift >.>

****

Links of the Past
part one
"Silver and Crimson"
by Michael 'Yeehim' Adamski

****

Silver and Crimson.
These were his colors.
It was clear for Ceus, that someone was leaving a trail for him to follow.
The remains of a small trading caravan were scattered all around the small
clearing in the forest. Some of the wagons still burning. Humans and morph
bodies everywhere, almost all killed in battle. A few got surprised, but most
died while fighting. And he knew, it was all done by only one man.
Most of the animals ran away in the attack. Only two horses remain, walking
nervously near the edge of the forest. Still strapped to a broken shaft, they
couldn't hide or run further into the forest. And these were the only
survivors, the only one to live through the night. The boy wished, they could tell
him what exactly happened. Or to be more exact, to tell him what didn't
happened. He would do anything, to hear, that this wasn't his making.
But the proof was right there, in the middle of what was left, glittering in
the morning sun. All of the silver the caravan had, covered in blood. Silver
and Crimson. Colors of the Krasthey house. His colors. [i]Look. I made this.
To reach you. Master[/i].
- Work of Iryn? -
His granddaughter had a talent for stating the obvious.
- Not a single doubt. He's leaving me a trail of breadcrumbs to follow -
He looked at Sabell. It was said, that some traits are passed from
grandparents to grandchildren. And it seemed true. The young woman had her
grandmothers eyes. Ceus tried to avoid looking into them, as they always reminded him of
his past. Of his deceased wife. And his young body quickly gave that away.
He could try to muster all the willpower he had, yet half of the times he
couldn't stop himself from sobbing. Something stronger then him, made the
twelve-year old body that he was given back cry. If not embarrassing, this would be
an interesting thing to study - a duel of wills of an old mind and a child's
body.
He quickly turned his eyes to their guide. The red panda morph, was already
trying to gather the bodies in one place. He didn't need an ordered to do it,
and Ceus doubted if he could order him not to do it. It was just something,
that their guide, Shival, fleet needed to be done. A lucky traveler, making a
final favor for the less fortunate. The boy slowly walked to him. In a way,
it brightened his mood, seeing as the panda teased, when he was near. Even
thou he was his employer, even if the guide knew the power of Metamor Keep
curses, he still perceived Ceus as a child. It must have been disturbing at
least, as his behavior was way out of character.
Looking at the bodies, he only confirmed his thoughts, about the cause of
the attack.
- Pierced and slashed wounds -
Another thought came to him. He also was stating what everyone already
knew.
- He could have just sent you a messenger -
- No. He thinks I'm the source of his suffering and pain. And he wants me to
share it, to feel responsible for him. We need to find him quick. -
Iryn was Ceus's apprentice, one of many. Before the Three Gate battle, he
was a powerful wizard. Maybe not that famous, and not as talented as some, but
still skilled enough to make a fine living, and to have people to teach. His
was a talented enchanter, a creator of a few magical weapons, and as well a
lot more everyday practical items. Almost a craftsman, not quite a miracle
worker. But still, he and his students were there, in battle, and exposed to the
curses. He has been turned back into a child. What would have been a
blessing for any man his age, one foot already in the grave, was a true curse for
him. He kept some of his power, but his body couldn't stand the most of it. He
knew how to use it, but trying to do so would cost him his life. Still, he
would take the new time given to him with hope for earning something new,
something more, with happiness, if not for that one of his apprentices.
[i]Iryn. Do you really believe, that killing me will change anything?[/i]
Now it was clear as water to him, that the man followed him to battle not
because he wanted to - but because he though he should. Iryn was a son of a
greedy couple, and was tainted by it, always searching for a way to profit. And
Ceus didn't notice it, when the man agreed to join him in battle. The curse
turned him into a bull morph. And thrown into a world of misery. His parents
refused to know him. He almost got killed, when trying to live a normal life
in his hometown. And he returned to Metamor Valley with only one goal - to
take revenge on the master, that he thought was responsible for all that had
happened to him. Stealing one of the weapons Ceus made, he started luring him
into the mountains on the edge of the valley.
He wouldn't chase after him, if not for the stolen weapon. He [b]had[/b] to
get it back. And so, with his granddaughter to take care of his child body,
and an exercised mercenary he set off. He made sure, to make everything so
that Iryn would notice he was coming for him. And now, the apprentice showed his
master, that he was waiting.

****

[to be continued]

!DSPAM:4b032c7632391804284693!