No subject

Mon Nov 16 13:12:23 UTC 2009

shaped object. He pointed one end of the thing at the door and the
entire egg glowed a deep red colour. The mages eyes grew wider and he
moved several steps backwards very quickly. "Do not get anywhere near
that door. The spells protecting it are very powerful. And very
sensitive," he snarled.

   Both cheetahs stepped backwards several paces.

   "Can you get the door open?" Edmund asked.

   Nestorius shook his head in reply. "Eventually but it will take me
several months to do it. It will take me several weeks just to
prepare. But perhaps there is another way." The mage opened his shirt
revealing the black fur that covered his chest. Dangling from a chain
around his neck was a small metal cylinder. He unscrewed the lid of
the cylinder and pulled out several rolled up pieces of parchment.
These he laid flat on a table. "We are here," Nestorius said and
tapped a part of the map with a black furred hand. Then that hand
drifted over a few inches to another spot. "This where to summoning
chamber we want is located." His hand traced a straight line between
the first and second spots. "And this is the tunnel we need to use."

   "This door that we are standing next to is the primary entrance but
I did note a second entrance from a smaller secret tunnel," Nestorius
explained. He moved his hand to a spot on the map several inches from
the first two. "That passage can be reached from a drainage tunnel
here."

   "So more walking through the creepy building and the creepy city so
we can walk through a creepy tunnel?" Stealth asked.

   "That sounds about right," Edmund answered.

   "There is no other choice," the mage added. "Not without several
weeks of hard work."

   The keepers made their way quickly back through the villa till they
again stood in front of the only entrance. The paladin closed the door
and made sure it was firmly shut.

   Nestorius stood in front of the door for a moment his hands moving
in complex gestures. "Done," he announced. "I have resealed the area
so it is again safe. I have also added my own wards and alarms. Anyone
tries to breach it I will know instantly."

   "Who would be so stupid as to try?" Edmund asked.

   Nestorius pointed down to the floor where the charred remains of
the long dead lutin lay where it had rested for over 6 centuries. "Him
for one. And his million or so descendants north of here."

--
My Fur Affinity page - http://www.furaffinity.net/user/stealthcat/

My Deviant Art page - http://stealthcat15.deviantart.com/

!DSPAM:4be781b8131251459720162!