[Mkguild] Rebuilding the Mage's Guild - Preface

Kamau jc2blion at taconic.net
Sat Aug 28 14:00:05 UTC 2010

The next post will contain the fragments of the story I began some time
back.  It was originally meant only as a story to show Master Jesse
getting Journeyman letters for two of his apprentices; Sib and Rorlyn.
With the current discussion of the Mage's Guild in the Keep I've
reworked it to include the guild becoming functional once again.

The story is far from complete.  It is more a series of fragments and is
also in a much rougher form then I usually post to the list.  It should
however give some direction as to how the guild would be put back together.

I've incorporated several suggestions about why the guild fell into
disarray and the corrupt Head Master that this centered on.

What I would ask is that people look at the story along with the
comments/suggestions that are there.  Those are enclosed in << >> so
they stand out.  At the end is an outline of what I would see happening
to finish the story.

While I could just write the entire story I prefer to see others have a
say in its flow and to bring characters into it so it has a fuller feel.
  We should however remember that at least one other author needs a
functional guild, and thus a completed story before he finishes his next
MK entry.

I'm sure there are many corrections/comments and additions that will be
needed to what I will post.  Feel free to hack at it and let's all work
together to make this story happen.

Kamau

!DSPAM:4c791668168201804284693!