[Mkguild] A little bit of discipline, a semi-conanical story (Resend)

Kamau jc2blion at taconic.net
Sun Aug 29 22:40:42 UTC 2010

A nice little piece Leo.  I don't see much if anything that is really
non canon in it.

Only real comment I have (forgive the military historian coming out) is
that Medieval armies didn't do much in the way of marching.  While we
see it as part of army training and a way to instill good discipline
marching fell out of usage in the time between the Roman empire and the
Renaissance.  This was in part due to a change in weapons and tactics.
Only as the Renaissance come into being do we see the massed formations
that require good marching skills to work.

It becomes even more true as blocks of shield-men and later pikes become
some of the main formations used on the battle field.  Having marched in
a block of 100 pike-men (10 x 10) with 16 foot pikes, which was small
block by historic standards, believe me you want to have everyone moving
as a unit.

Metamor seems to be well ahead of the curve in military matters so I
think it is quite appropriate to have units in Metamor marching.

Once again an enjoyable piece.

Kamau

On 8/11/2010 6:21 PM, lionar_panthera at hotmail.com wrote:
> Resend because I forgot to set the e-mail to plain text only, apologies.
>
> Here is my first true attempt at a story set in MK. Enjoy and please let me
> know what you think.
>

> A little bit of discipline.
> (The land of Metamor)
>
> By Leo M. Panther