[Mkguild] FW: [Furry Lit] Memorial Anthology for Michael Bard

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 22:53:14 UTC 2010

It's true that I've noticed a correlation between a lot of Morgan's short
stories. He seemed to love finding the flaw of a system and heavily
exploiting it via satire. Many of his short stories had quite a touch of the
absurd which was his way of pointing out just how ridiculous something could
be. To Morgan, 'willing suspension of disbelief' seemed to last only as long
as it took him to write a satire about it. As many of us know, he had a very
developed sense of irony and that's what I found to be the overlap in many
of his works.

In the few short stories he wrote that did not have this quality, what
replaced it instead was a sort of whimsical flair. Works such as "Now I Will
Believe There are Unicorns" and "Christmas Dreams" contain a touch of
sadness, a touch of magic, and a touch of beauty. His longer stories are
more thought out, perhaps he put more effort into him, but to me it's the
short stories, both the ones of irony and the ones of wist that remind me
most of him.

Morgan's works to me have always been very distinct. In fact I rarely read
the author before I begin to read but time and time again I find I'll be
halfway through some story or less I'll stop and think, "Wait a minute...
Bard wrote this didn't he?" and when I check it always is. I'm not sure I
should be the one to introduce it though. While Morgan and I were friends, I
only knew him for about a year and a half.

Kit

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Christian Okane <chrisokane at verizon.net>wrote:

> He certainly left a big mark in MK. I enjoyed his sense of humor!
>
> Chris
> The Lurking Fox

!DSPAM:4be88e5d304421804284693!