[Mkguild] End of plague quarantine scheduling

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sun Oct 17 02:49:21 UTC 2010

>Hello MKGuild,
>This is aimed more at Raven but the rest of us can discuss it too.
>
>Raven,
>You left it open whether the Sathmoran Lightbringers were forced to
>stay the full two weeks of plague quarantine or were let off the hook
>in time to exit the valley before the curse could take hold. With
>their arrival on the 13th, when did they leave in the latter case? In
>the former, I guess Metamor has more lightbringers unless the
>Sathmorans braved leaving the valley cursed. Could you maybe post some
>official note on this in the Weaving Fates forum?
>
>I'm (not fast) approaching that time in-story, though I haven't yet
>decided whether (in my 3rd or later story) my characters are inside
>the walls or outside during the quarantine.
>Other stories will be relying on knowing this too, like Second Steps
>or Unexpected Connections. Because of the return timing of the Marzac
>crew in February and the quarantine in March, the Lutin envoy can't
>arrive until at least late March (considering delays and dates
>mentioned in the story). Any earlier would be extra hard on prisoner
>survival on their journey south out of the (winter wonderland)
>Giantdowns.

Since Raven hasn't responded, I think we can safely assume that he is
not going to.

In Raven's sequel that was never finished and now won't be, the
Sathmoran Lightbringers confessed what they were up to and were
allowed to leave the area of the curse prior to being cursed.  They
were to be held at Midtown while Merai, Tessa, and Rickkter went off
to do their thing, in the company of the Flatlanders.  They left
Metamor on the 20th of March.  So I tihnk we can set that as the date
when the Quarantine is lifted.  That is still 17 days, so enough time
that some of them might have been struck, but no guarantee that all
would have been.

!DSPAM:4cba642a97411080519667!