[Mkguild] A Morlunds rules story

Christian Okane chrisokane at verizon.net
Mon Apr 25 03:53:36 UTC 2011

Here is another Morlunds Rules story. You can find the rest on my FA site:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/captfox/

Chris
The Lurking Fox

Changing
by Christian O'Kane

Everyone changes with time, Some more than others.
Morlund's rule #33

   The young woman moved slowly down the corridor. The old fortress was a
familiar place to Alicia. She had spent over four years living here and had
grown to know each old and weathered stone. But now the place that had been
home now seemed dark and sinister.

   Durwald had been a fine tutor to Alicia teaching the young girl about the
world beyond her small town and opening her mind to new things. He had
pushed her to explore the world and see all the wonderful places he had told
her about. So she had reluctantly left  her dear friend and set out to
explore. Alicia had tried to keep in touch with her tutor but she was always
moving, exploring new places. That made it hard for her to receive mail on a
regular basis. Still there were so many places to see and so many things to
do that Alicia did not go home.

   She had only returned when a letter reached her from her sister that
frightened her. Durwald had always been eccentric and had some odd habits
but recently his behavior had grown even more strange and finally he had
vanished. His nightly walks through the town had stopped and the castle
itself was dark. People who had approached the place had found the
drawbridge up and the gates closed. Now people were reporting that some sort
of monster was loose, killing cattle and sheep in the dark of the night.

   Alicia had of course rushed home immediately to help her family and her
old tutor. Only she knew the secret words needed to get the drawbridge to
lower and let someone enter without any trouble.

   Several hours of exploration of the large and creepy building had turned
up no sign of its sole occupant. Finally the woman came to the place she
wanted to visit; Durwalds laboratory. She opened a large, wooden, iron bound
door and stepped inside. It was a huge room with stone columns holding up a
ceiling that towered thirty feet overhead. The massive room was filled with
all manner of equipment and gear of all sorts. Most of which Alicia could
only guess at. A lot of that equipment was now ruined. Tables were
overturned, chairs smashed, tubing and cables ripped. She walked past a mass
of twisted pipes and fittings the use of which she could not even begin to
guess. Something had very thoroughly destroyed this room.

   In the center of the room was a massive twenty foot tall tube made of
glass. She walked up to it and realized it was at least ten feet wide and
filled with an odd, blue liquid. There were pools of the same liquid all
over the floor around the tube. The woman stopped and stared at a blue paw
print on the floor in front of her. The print was large, at least four times
the size of her own foot prints. Whatever had made these prints was large,
powerful and clearly not human or even humanoid!

   In one of his last letters to her Durwald had spoken of creating
something. Growing a new pet or guard of some sort. But he had not given
many details. It seems his project had worked but not as he had expected.

   Suddenly there was a deep guttural growl. She whirled about and found
herself face to face with it. The creature stood at least seven feet tall
and was a five hundred pounds of gray fur, powerful muscles and sharp claws
and teeth. It walked upright, on two legs and had hands like a human. The
head on top and the tail behind were clearly of a large wolf.

   The monster rushed at her and Alicia reacted lightning fast. Her sword
slashing through the air and cutting into the flesh on the creatures
stomach.

   The monster let out a roar and stepped backward, clutching at its
stomach. "OW!" it screamed. "That hurt!" the creature pulled back it's
clawed hands to reveal the wound; which was a small thing. Her blade had
barely cut the skin and it had already stopped bleeding. The creature looked
up at her and pulled back it's lips revealing an impressive set of large,
sharp fangs. Again there was that deep rumbling growl. "YOU damaged my new
body! You put a hole in my new body. That will leave a scar!" the creature
whined. "Four years of work and you damage it with that oversized bread
knife!" The creature made a small gesture of one hand and Alicia felt her
sword wrenched from her hand and sent flying across the room.

   Her wolf like assailant had turned back to the small wound on his stomach
and was examining it intently. Ignoring her completely. "It's not too bad. I
can fix this with a healing patch," he said in a distracted tone. "The fur
will cover the scar nicely. A small flesh sculpting spell will remove it
completely."

   There was something familiar in that voice and in the creatures
mannerisms. "Durwald?" she asked hesitantly.

   The creature looked up at her. "Yes? Who are you?" it asked her in an
oddly friendly voice. It leaned forward and peered at her for a moment.
"Alicia? Is that you girl?" the creatures tail wagged energetically. "That
is you. My you've changed in the years since I last saw you."

   "I've changed?" She asked and pointed to his lupine form.

   The wolf creature gave a short bark of laughter and stood up straight.
"So how do you like my new body? I just moved in. Sorry about attacking you
like that but I'm still getting used to my new instincts."

   Alicia ran her hands through the fur on his chest. The fur was soft but
the muscles beneath the skin were large and powerful. "I think you are
magnificent!"

   Durwald ran a clawed finger along her face and down her neck with a
surprisingly gentle touch. She was no longer the thin, frail girl he
remembered. Her body had filled out and she was now strong and supple. Her
brown hair flowed down to her shoulders and framed a warm and finely
chiseled face. She handled the sword in her hands with an ease that spoke of
long training and much skill. "You've grown into a beautiful, young woman!"

   She blushed and smiled shyly. "You always were good with words."

   "I mean it," he insisted. "I spent years developing the perfect body and
you gain one naturally."

   The young woman wrapped her arms around Durwald and kissed him on the
muzzle. "Your new body is perfect."

   "You have changed a lot Alicia. You've lost all that shyness for one,"
the wolf commented.

   "I like how you've changed. Do you like how I've changed?" She asked.

   "Oh yes!" He answered enthusiastically. "Oh yes indeed!"

!DSPAM:4db4f049173311804284693!