[Mkguild] Marginally Canon Scene for my Story Arc

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sat Aug 6 18:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi there! I greatly enjoyed this little ditty and fun scene.  I
expect most folks would greet this song with stupefied
wonder.  Especially since you showed me the source material. ;-)

However, to play a harp, you use your feet to press pedals which
change the tension on each named string (that is, one pedal changes
all the A strings, another changes all the B strings, etc...).  They
can raise and lower each string by a half step, which provides all of
the notes of the diatonic scale.  So your mockingbird will need to
check the tunings before he plays, and he may want to keep one
taloned foot down by the pedals at the harp's base in case he needs
to make a key change.

That concludes today's music lesson. :-)