[Mkguild] A visit from Irene.

Kamau jc2blion at taconic.net
Sat Aug 27 12:57:53 UTC 2011

All emergency preparations here are made. Water, food, emergency gear,
alternate shelter are all in place.  Both car and truck (4x4) have full
takes of gas, emergency gear on board and are sheltered.  Today we will
be clearing and objects that might get picked up by 70-90 MPH gusts.
While I'm in Upstate New York I fully expect we'll get flooding in the
area, though not at my residence, and many trees down.

With the big cities that are getting hit I'm sure we won't be at the top
of the repair list so I do not doubt that I'll be without power and
Internet for a few days. In the worst case scenario I'm good for at
least a week, more if I can get water.

I'll try to get a cell call out to someone who can post here so others
know who we fared up here.

Locally those of us who are Fire Fighter/EMS have been told stay home.
Minimal crew will be at the station for damage control during storm.
Nothing will be responded to until the storm has passed.  The all clear
will come from county dispatch center followed by chiefs making local
decisions based on damage and available personnel.

To all others in the path of this, be prepared and be safe.

Kamau