[Mkguild] Possible change of rules

Pontos daemonpontos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:18:39 UTC 2011

Like others said I don't think it's a good idea. Having a character from
another setting or story somehow visiting the MK universe can be good
(As Fox Cutter proved with his stories), but also terrible.
Things like a character bringing technology that's nonexistent and
completely unfeasible for MK, effectively getting outside of the
intended genre/standard of the setting, could potentially take place.
Of course that, since every story is moderated, anything overpowered and
out of place would be banned at sight. At least from that PoV making
this change would not be that much of an issue. The real issue here is
if we want or not to let these kind of crossovers to take place and be
considered canon.

If we end up implementing this then there needs to be a very strict set
of rules to follow in order to avoid unnecessary problems and to
maintain the overall essence of the setting. For example none or minimal
technology gadgets, no overpowered characters, absolutely no fanfiction
of characters you don't own (The last thing we want is someone writing
how a character from his favorite book/comic/movie travels to MK :P), etc.
Also, people would need to ask in here to see if the story is
acceptable, and not just go with it after making sure it follows the
rules. Universe crossovers should be kept to a minimum if possible...

Personally, my vote is no. Many have adapted their characters for the
setting, having the same name, characteristics and overall idea used in
other setting/s, but with their own specific origin and stories for this
one. Knowing that there's no real need to have them coming from another
world.

Just my two cents :P

Pontos

On 13/7/2011 2:11 PM, christian okane wrote:
> Any further comments from anyone on this?
>

> Chris
> The Lurking Fox

!DSPAM:4e1e8a3025471804284693!