[Mkguild] Inspiration comes from weird places

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sun Sep 4 21:43:22 UTC 2011

>I've been doing very little MK writing lately.  When Matt posted his
>story last night, though, I had some inspiration.  Namely, the title
>of the story gave me a devious idea, and so here's my latest
>(semi-canon) offering.  I'll let the story itself do the rest of the talking.
>
>Inconsolable Chrysanthemum, Inebriated Cockatrice
>by LurkingWolf

And what a deliciously devious idea it was!  Certainly being an
anthro Chrysanthemum is going to force one to reevaluate the purpose
of their life, as well as what it requires for one to be
happy.  Given that Laracin is a tree though, and in one of Kamau's
stories a deer fellow has turned into a plant, this isn't any further
off the mark.  Just unusual.  And of course, the Cockatrice was
classic and definitely scary when drunk.  Having a Keeper who can
just turn folks to stone my making eye contact is definitely scary indeed!

I laughed and loved the tale, Lurking.  I'm honored that even in so
small a way as a title I gave you some inspiriation for it. :-)

!DSPAM:4e63f0f932341804284693!