[Mkguild] Regarding "Covenants"

Hallan Mirayas hallanmirayas at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 02:07:10 UTC 2013

I wish my e-mail program would let me answer two e-mails at once...

Matt, you're up first.

> Again, that was Troud speaking.  And here is a very plausible
> explanation of what happened.  Akkala could have offered healing in
> exchange for worship very easily; she already does in MK.  But
> unbeknownst to her, Tallakath is pursuing his grand experiment in
> poisoning children to see how long it takes them to die and to see
> how they handle such death.  The actual murder of the Tened could be
> laid entirely at the feet of the Daedra.  And because they wouldn't
> give the aedra worship, Akkala could do nothing.  That does not alter
> in the slightest the established personalities for the Daedra or
> Aedra.  In fact, the knowledge that the daedra played an active role
> in the death of the Tened could have been one of the reasons why the
> aedra cast the daedra into their little hells.

I had to think on this one a bit, given my experience that Drift was -not- required to dedicate himself to Akkala in order to be healed of tetanus by her.  But Akkala's request for dedication to her ethos would actually fit, given the mass healing that would be required.  Or perhaps the extinction of the Tened was the cause for her current 'three small tasks, or one really big one' payment plan.  Small, of course, being a relative term... (Drift helping escort the dire wolves to Ice Lake was one of his Tasks.  You might remember how that one turned out. :) )

> The only issue I have with this is that it goes back to who the aedra
> are in the first place, usurpers, or at least, poor stewards of the
> power given to them.  For this to make sense, they have to have
> forgotten their own origins.  There is no question that they
> experienced a fall of their own.  I'll let Christof share his own ideas.

Oh, definitely they're poor stewards, because they've confused 'stewardship' for 'kingship'.  They're not the only race to have done so.