[Mkguild] possible MK banner/logo

Alex Green alexsurikat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:34:00 UTC 2013

After searching through the archives for a while, I was surprised to find
that there aren't very many descriptions of the banner of Metamor.

I found the most complete description at the bottom of the third page of
Misha's "Plain and Simple"

Thomas looked to the top of the ruined tower and noticed the flag
> fluttering in the breeze. It was a black flag with a red rearing horse on
> it. It was the flag of the House Hassan, Duke of Metamor, King of the
> Midland, his own banner.

LurkingWolf's "Burning Time" also mention a rearing horse on the flag but
neglects to mention the colors

It appears Matt is the only one who's described it as a horse-head in both
"Gazing through a Barred Window" and "Healing Wounds in Arabarb", but I
didn't see any mention of colors from him either.

Raven didn't mention what was on the flag, but he had a different idea
about the colors of Metamor in "A Presence of Thieves"

"That isn't the Duke's banner," he said, frowning up at the yellow flags
> flapping in the breeze. "Metamor's colors are blue and white. Why would
> they be flying yellow flags?"

Matt confirms that blue is a customary color of the Hassan family in the
first interlude of "The Last Tale of Yajakali" with several mentions of
"Hassan Blue" but never actually states whether it's the color of the
banner or not.  (By the way, I just noticed that the title at the top of
every page of LOTY has Yajakali spelled wrong as "Yajikali")

The wiki unsurprisingly agrees with Misha since he's the one who added that
information on the "Knights of the Red Stallion" page on the 16th of
January 2007 (it specifically says that their emblem is the same as the
Duke's).  He also added the emblem information to the Duke's page earlier
this month.

That is all of the information I could find relating to the
flag/banner/emblem of the House of Hassan/Metamor Keep, so it seems the it
is a red/blue rearing-stallion/horse-head on a black/white background.  I
never noticed how inconsistent its description was before.

-AlexSurikat