[Mkguild] Group picture

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Tue Aug 26 01:10:12 UTC 2014

At 08:37 AM 8/25/2014, Ryx wrote:
>UUUUHHHHGGGGH!!!
>
>Yahoo's mail interface is *NOT* logical.  Needs a more forum 'quote'
>style.  It just randomly sends things half-finished!
>
>As I meant to say while discussing the linked artists - that's a decent start.
>There's plenty of good, and remarkable, artists out there in the
>fandom.  Some are limited more or less to specific species which
>they do well (canids, sharks, cats, dragons - ect).
>
>I would have to stand rather firmly on:  NOT toony.  I am no fan of it.
>Metamor is often a humorous place, often a serious place, and
>occasionally a very, very dark place.  But when it comes down to
>most portrayals - I think the particular work would be down to the
>persons/groups who choose to undertake the effort.  Serious,
>humorous, and most certainly and firmly no more racy than PG-13
>(which in MK means:  Clothing *heh*.  I don't think anyone has a
>completely skyclad animorphed keeper running around, thus it
>shouldn't be expected in illustrations).

I concur with Ryx on the realism aspect.  I much prefer realism in my
furry pictures.  It is more expensive but so worth it in the
end.   But as Ryx noted, picking the artist will be the most
difficult part.  I suggest we have a few artists we would like to try
and rank them.  Not all of them will be available, nor will all of
them be willing.  So we should, as we discuss artists try to come up
with some good names that we like and rank them based on style and cost.