[Mkguild] Distant Voices

Alex Green alexsurikat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:59:58 UTC 2014

I'm back from vacation, finally caught up on my email and reading, and CSX
stuff is done for the moment, so back to the archive.

I found a few more things that I missed the first time around including
rewrites of chapters II and III, chapter IV, and an epilogue that features
Misha contemplating purchasing the Jolly Collie, the construction of walls
around Euper, Jenn agreeing to marry Malisa, and Malisa becoming Prime
Minister.

It's interesting to note that the epilogue dates back prior to any story in
the MK archive that actually mentions that Misha owns the Jolly Collie, it
might also be prior to the first mention of the walls around Euper in the
MK archive. I'm also not sure when or who first suggested Malisa be the new
Prime Minister, but if WiNC is responsible for all three in addition to the
creation of the Sathmore Empire and the first map of Metamor Valley, then
WiNC had a lot of influence on the world Metamor Keep.

WiNC wrote up to chapter IX, but never posted anything after chapter V, and
then lost everything due to a hard drive crash
<http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1999-May/034425.html> that
prompted the writing of the epilogue. WiNC mentioned the possibility of
rewriting the lost parts
<http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1999-June/046613.html>, but I
searched as far as 2002 and couldn't find anything else, so that leaves us
with:

Distant Voices
Chapter I: Recollection
http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020564.html

Chapter II: Team
Part 1 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020756.html
Part 2 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020757.html

Chapter III: Midtown
Part 1 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020764.html
Part 2 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020765.html
Part 3 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-January/020766.html

Chapter IV: Tristan
Part 1 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-February/021014.html
Part 2 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-February/021015.html
Part 3 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-February/021016.html

Chapter V: Mountain's Edge
Part 1 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-April/023180.html
Part 2 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-April/023182.html
Part 3 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1998-April/023183.html

Epilogue
Part 0 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1999-June/046613.html
Part 1 http://lists.integral.org/private/tsa-talk/1999-June/046614.html

If no one objects, I could edit them together so that they can be posted to
the archive under the non-canon section.

-AlexSurikat