[Mkguild] Birth III

Alex Green alexsurikat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 08:20:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Jack Moore <jackthefrilledlizard at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> AN: Any thoughts yet?

Nope.

> [...]
>
> A bird shrieked above me. I glanced up in time to see a red-shouldered
> hawk take
> off from a branch and fly away. "Ulysses could catch you. You may be
> bigger but he's
> faster. I've got my glove…"
>
> [...]
>
> [...] There is nothing quite like the thrill of watching your bird lift
> off and from there rise to a
> high pitch into a steep stoop.
>
> "Ulysses will be released soon." I mumbled. "I wish he could take me with
> him…"
>
> [...] If you're lucky you will get small distractions to block out your
> thoughts,
> before they come crashing back.
>
> The hawk was one such distraction. As it took off, my gaze stuck with it.
> "You're lucky. You don't have to worry about anything do you?"

With all this contemplation on the hawk, It almost seems like it's
foreshadowing a hawk transformation.

> I sat down on the log. Now my mind turned to the cursed valley itself.
> You'd
> never have to leave would you…

Definitely a hawk transformation.

> [...]
>
> I hopped back up. "What is my father thinking? He's going to get us
> killed."

Probably, that's how these things tend to go.

> [...] A hawk screeched again. I looked
> up to see it fly against the sun, framed by a break in the trees.
>
> "Beautiful." I whispered as I watched the bird fly above the trees. "I
> want to go
> with you." I looked away, back to the long. I walked to the edge and pause.
>
> [...]
>
> "I want to go with you…" I hovered on the edge of the wood. "Can I go with
> you?"

How can it not be a hawk transformation?

> [...]
>
> I awoke to find I was laying on my back. I was very warm and now in a room
> of
> white stone. Alabaster.
>
> "Hello Jack."
>
> "My name is James."
>
> "So you say." I glanced over my body, no blood or torn clothes. Slowly I
> stood
> up. I looked around. The room was circular and smooth, clean white
> alabaster. Behind
> me was one entrance way.

Damn son, ya done messed up. Ya ignored Nemo's advice and done got yerself
killed.

> [...]
>
> "I've been waiting for you." The rag man said. "You took a long time, very
> rude."

That's our narrator, always ignoring people, keeping them waiting,
forgetting their names. Typical.

> "I'm sorry?" I slowly approached the channel, still glancing around.
> "Where am
> I? I fell and hit my head…"

and died.

> "You are in a place." I frowned.
>
> "Wonderful answer.

It's almost as if he's channeling your personality.

> [...]
>
> "Wow you don't know many things."

He certainly doesn't know enough not to run off and get himself killed.

> I put the child down and took a closer look.
> Now I could see many were flawed with cracks over the eyes or missing
> ears. Some had
> cracks over the eyes or seemed to be a mesh of genders. Why do they look
> so beautiful?
> My hand reached out again.  Finally I picked up a small one that
> seemed…odd.
>
> It was a lizard man, maybe a dragon man with a massive frill along the
> neck. It
> held in its hand another pointed stick.
>
> "You have found yourself." The ragman said.

So does that mean he's not going to be a hawk?

> "I hit my head." I said. "Is this real?"

We've already established this narrator, you dead.

> "Could be." I sat down in a chair that appeared under me. "Uh thanks."
>
> "I wouldn't want you thinking me a bad host Jack." The ragman said.
> "Mostly I
> brought you here because I wished to meet you. We will speak more later,
> before the
> unpleasantness."
>
> "Still not my name."

Well it's not like you can remember anyone else's.

> "Let me ask you something Jack, what do you want to be?" I frowned.
>
> "That's a stupid question."
>
> "Is it? Do you want to be transformed?"
>
> "I want to be someone whose not got a head injury

How about someone who's not dead? (Also, who's not whose)

> and talking to…what do you call them? People who aren't there?"
>
> "You believe me to be a hallucination?" The ragman shook his head. "Well I
> suppose you can't know I am. Everything I'm saying could be a lie,
> especially the lies."
>
> [...]
>
> "I'm not interested in transforming."
>
> "Aren't you?" The ragman tilted his head. "Strange. I suspect this too
> shall
> change."

I believe the saying is: "This too shall pass."

> "Why are you dressed as a rejected series of swatches?" I asked. "I could
> sew
> better clothing than that."
>
> "Aren't you supposed to be the masculine, modern son of a lord, not
> interested in
> feminine arts."

Apply cold water to burned area.

> I frowned. "I'm just observing. I'm amazed. You've been allowed to
> learn a skill of your choice."
>
> "What does that mean?"
>
> "Just that I question if you're an actor in your own life." The ragman
> said. "Well
> it's really of no matter. If you're not, you'd best learn how to be."
>
> [...]
>
> "What do you think you're doing!?"
>
> "Helping you along." The ragman said. "If you don't get a little push
> you'll never
> move forward." The room turned until the table was suspended sideways. I
> held onto the
> chair for dear life.
>
> "Help me!"
>
> "I am." The ragman grabbed a crystal figure from the table. "Bye-bye." The
> figure smacked me between the eyes. My fingers slipped free.

It's not the help you deserve, but it is the help you need right now.

> My scream echoed as the lizard figure and I spiraled into the abyss.
>
> AN: I enjoyed writing this scene.

And I enjoyed reading it.

WARNING: The preceding email contained scenes of extreme sarcasm and should
not have been read by individuals of a sensitive disposition.

-AlexSurikat