[Mkguild] A question of money exchange

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Tue Feb 25 10:29:49 UTC 2014

I concur, it really depends on the weight of the metal.  In the story
I'm currently posting there is a scene where Duke Thomas has the
Merchant's Guild showing the weights and measures that they are using
and these are checked against a standard weight.  This is how the
value of currency is kept relatively stable year to year so long as
massive influxes of minerals aren't being introduced (another reason
Duke Thomas only allows a little bit of the mithril from Joy's Legacy
to be distributed each year; too much and its value would plummet
threatening the wealth of all kingdoms).

So for your character, I think you need to decide on how much each link weighs.