[Mkguild] Distant Voices

christian okane chrisokane at optimum.net
Wed Nov 26 17:59:19 UTC 2014

Here is that old story - Complete as done by WINC way back in 1997.

Chris

The Lurking Fox

Story: Metamor Keep - Distant Voices

Winc winc at clear.net.nz
<mailto:tsa-talk%40lists.integral.org?Subject=Story%3A%20Metamor%20Keep%20-%
20Distant%20Voices&In-Reply-To=>
Thu Nov 27 20:39:24 CST 1997

  _____

        Just my first little story into the MK universe, since I am a member
of

the universe already ^_^ This is a longish introduction of the story I will

be creating within this universe, which will. well, instead of me telling

you about it, how about you read it. If anyone has any questions about the

story and were it may lead, give me a bell. BTW, Sven is one of my

flatmates, who really wanted me to add him into one of my stories. He

dreams of being a wizard, so I figured I would give him a chance. ^_^ I'm

working on the timeline that Cope sent, if that time line is correct then

we are looking at some VERY old people in this Keep.

Distant Voices

Metamor Keep

By Winc

        The stranger slowly descended the stairs of the boat. As he trod
towards

the main platform he paused a moment on the landing, casting a quick, sharp

look around the area, noting the few people gathered around waiting to

leave the boat as it approached the small town launch.

        The man smiled bitterly, then continued down the stairs. He was
dressed in

a long black cape, which encircled around him like the night, covering his

black leggings and white shirt. His cowl shaded his face against the light

from the harbour and boat lights, making it a challenging task to see his

features. All that was visible was his mouth, and the dark black shade of a

moustache covering his top lip that one could barely see in the darkness of

night.

        As he reached the bottom of the stairs, the man wheeled towards a
pitch

black horse, with rain and bit of bright blood red. Walking towards the

horse, he removed the rains from the railing and walked the horse towards

the departure gate.

        As the boat came to a stop, the stranger scanned the township in
front of

him, as he waited for the others to depart. His mind quickly calculated the

changes that had happened since his last visit. He could see the main road

to the traitorous forest, then beyond that forest lay his destination, the

most interesting place in the lands; Metamor Keep. Where the king, and his

court lay their hands on all the things that happened in the keep and

probably this bordering township and docks. Where they were the first

defence against attacks from the north. Where, his mission was to lie.

        The Keep had stood for many years, supposedly created by even
someone

higher then the gods, yet the strange wasn't sure he believed that. He was

more inclined to say it was created by a race of people who killed

themselves of before humans, lutins and giants had come to this land. Yet,

he could remember this small township that stood before the forests keep.

He could still remember the time he had first seen it, during the years of

Ovid's rule.

        Looking out across the town itself, he noticed the way some of it
had

grown into grand standing. However, most looked like it had the first time

he had stepped onto these docks, so many years ago, down, tired and full of

the outcasts from all over Midland. All of them looking for a living, and

maybe wanting to earn something to support their families. It had always

been a great idea to set up businesses before Metamor Keep, for that was

the place of large business, a place where there was also to be a large

supply of goods required, and once a place where people would visit the

greatest library in the whole region. Many travellers would head to the

keep, reading the books of some of the greatest wizards the world had seen.

Yet, these times were not so profitable. The Midland's council break-up

again, small conflicts breaking out between the Midland states, The Nasoj

having raised another army. To top it off, the Midland states seemed to be

growing ever more intolerant of the Metamorians, their dislike for the

people that live there clouding their eyes to the true power the keep held

within its walls. Letting their distrust of the changelings, and the morphs

prevent them from learning the wonders that that keep held in its library.

Everything was again like the old times, dark and evil; just as the strange

liked them.

        "Sir, that will be twenty silver coins please." The boat man behind
him

requested, bringing the stranger out his memories and back to the task at

hand.

        The stranger turned and handed the boat-man the silver coins, the
wind

blowing his cape slight away from his body, dragging across the boat wooden

floor. "Thank you." The stranger said wearily,  "It has been a long voyage."

        "Where have you come from?" The boat-man questioned, pocketing the
coins.

        "Further then I wish to say." The stranger answered, he looked back
to the

village and felt the cool wind blow against the covered part of his face.

        "It is a cold night my lord." The boat-keeper commented. "I would
suggest

the Barfur Inn, it is only a small walk east into the town from here."

        The stranger nodded and stepped closer to his horse. "Come," he
whispered,

and stepped from the boat to the damp docks heading towards the town centre.

        Upon entering the town, the stranger moved towards the centre. He
kept his

head bowed, keeping near the alley-ways or darkened buildings where the

winds force was dampened, allowing him to miss most of the scattered

crowds. He noticed the ally-ways still looked the same, the new council had

not been able to help all of the poor and beggars that usually poured into

the larger towns wanting free hand outs. Again, nothing had changed from

before the war, nothing was different. Noting some of the worse off beggars

in the streets he handed them all two silver pieces, hoping they would use

it on food and not ale.

        Then he found it. Walking briskly towards the Inn, his horse
striding

close behind him he stopped at the door. Taking the rains of his horse he

tied them to the beam that lay in front of the Inn. Looking back towards

the inn, he grasped the door handle and pulled the door open.

        Around him, the activities of the inn still seemed to be lively even
at

this time of night. The tables all near empty, but for the scattering of

patrons littered around the common room, drinking and going about their

business without a care in the world, unaware of the dangers that lay not

two days ride from this very inn.

        The stranger smiled briefly, then turned his attention towards the
woman,

a waitress, that stood behind the inn's large oak bar. Walking towards the

bar, the woman looked up to him and smiled.

        "May I help you? You looking for a room?"

        The stranger nodded, "Yes, I'm also looking for a man in these
parts. He

will be an old man, but he was known as a wizard a while back."

        "We have many wizards in these parts, sir." The waitress replied,
"Most

are in the Keep itself, the changed-ones"

        "He is not a changeling, and he goes by the name of Sven." The
stranger

asked.

        "You mean the taylor?" The waitress asked, her face looking baffled.

        The stranger paused, then his thin lips turned upwards into a smile.
"A

taylor now is he." The stranger started to laugh, then painfully coughed,

finishing with a slight wheeze. Calming himself down the stranger nodded

and smiled. "Then where can I find. taylor Sven."

        "He will be in his shop in the morning, bright and early like
usually."

Came a deep and friendly male voice from behind the stranger.

        Turning towards the voice, the stranger came face to face with a
large

man, of great build. His face was chubby, with bright reddish cheeks that

gave him a slightly drunken look. "Thank you kind sir." The stranger
replied.

        "No, kind sir about me." The man answered, patting the stranger on
the

back. "I'm the innkeeper of this wonderful little inn. You wanting to stay

for a while then?"

        The stranger nodded and turned his attention to his purse. "How much
for

two days and two nights?"

        "Twelve silver coins, that is including two meals a day." Answered
the

in-keeper, his face glowing with joy. "You want to stay then?"

        Removing his purse from his belt he opened it, retrieving a small
about of

silver coins from within. Handing the coins to the in-keep the stranger

smiled. "You can keep the change if you get my horse a stable for the time

I am here, and you also make sure no-one interferes me in my room." He

ordered.

        "Right," the in-keeper answered gruffly, taking the money from the

stranger. "Do you want a name on the record?"

        "No." The stranger replied, bluntly.

        "Fine," the in-keeper walked towards the bar and nodded to the
waitress.

She quickly leaned down and took a key out from under the bar, handing it

to the joyful in-keep. "Take this key and you are upstairs in room eight.

Nice room, with a look of the forest to the keep." The In-keeper said,

turning back to the strange and handing him the key.

        "Thank you." The stranger replied, taking the key and walking
towards the

stair case.

        If he had turned around and glanced out the window, he would have
seen a

shadowy figure huddle in a doorway across the street. But, the stranger did

not look out the window behind him, his eyes were focused on the stairs and

his mind on the reason he was here

*****

        Soft chirping of birds filled the morning, their joyful singing
waking

many people to the wonders of the new day. Along with the morning came the

raising sun that shone across the land like a sheet of pureness and beauty.

Matt watched from the vantage point of her bed as the sun's captivating

light entered her room, sending warmth in to battle against the cool night

air that still covered the room. Her eyes moved downwards, towards the

naked body that lay besides her, the lovely long blond hair unlike that of

Matt's own short cut brunette hair. Matt's partners body was very womanly,

her breasts rounds and pulp, her hips flaring out like only a woman's

could. Yet, Matt's body was closely the opposite; more athletic, from the

hours of exercise to keep away the sensual breasts, the widening hips.

Always trying to hide away the typical feminine traits that she disliked in

herself so much. To most who saw Matt on the street, she would be a strange

looking male, but to those that knew her, she was endowed with small, firm

breasts, was able to give birth, had a woman's sex. She was in fact a woman.

        Pushing the depressing thoughts away, Matt relaxed and let herself
fall

back under the covers of the bed, resting her head against her large pillow

and turning to face her love.

        "You know, altering your sex during the...  Well you know. act. Was

definitely different," She took in a deep breath, basking in the afterglow

of their love-making.

        "Oh, you didn't like the feeling then?" Jennifer's voice was like
bells in

the morning, as they woke up everything that was apart of her lover. She

was full of the youthful mischievousness Matt had come to know over their

two years of them being a couple.

        "Never said that." Matt answered back playfully, "Just a little
different

is what I meant. Anyway having sex with you is always. let's say,

interesting."

        Jenn leaned up on her elbow and grinned. "So what sex do you prefer
my

love."

        Matt glanced down at her body as a slow scowl formed on her face. "I

dislike being a woman. I only had about eighteen years of my manhood. Hell

I ever even had sex as a man. I've had about six of being a woman, had sex

with you during two of them, and I'm sorry to say, I've hated every second

of it." She had never been able to accept her change, not completely. The

introduction of Jenn into her life had made it a little better, but still,

wasn't suppose to be her with the equipment to enter a woman. She didn't

know if she could ever get used to being the submissive member in love

making; at least with Jenn they could share the giving and taking as woman.

"Hell." Matt finally huffed, as she looked towards Jenn, "things were so

much better as a man, at least as a man I was able to be important"

        Jenn's eyes opened in bewilderment. "Hold on there, dear." She shot
back.

        "What?" Asked Matt.

        "That sounded like the most sexist comment I have ever heard." Jenn
stated

flatly, "Why can't you manage the kingdom without that... thing between

your legs."

        "Oh, you wouldn't understand." Matt tried to explain.

        "Like hell I don't! You have a sexist strike in you." Jenn replied,
moving

back from Matt and sitting up. Her arms folded, indicating to Matt that she

was upset, very upset.

        "I would more like to be in you, not the other way around. Even if
it was

interesting..." Matt took hold of Jenn's arm and leaned forward to give her

a kiss, that should fix up this little misunderstanding.

        Jenn pushed her away and frowned, "Don't think you are going to get
out of

this one so easily."

        Matt looked at Jenn, somehow managing to look hurt. "Oh come on
Jenn, you

know I am not looked at as a 'important' person anymore. I have noticed the

difference since the change. Remember, I never gained the power to change

sex, I'm stuck like this because of my magic." Matt could see she wasn't

making a dent in Jenn's armour. "I'm just not... well..." She couldn't

finish the statement, she didn't know what is was anymore.

        Jenn glanced at Matt, noticing the frustrated look she was giving
her.

"Accepted?" Jenn finally finished for Matt. "Or are you just scared that

you can do it better then you think your can, and that it may be fun being

the 'weaker sex' after all? There is nothing wrong with you being a woman,

you can do your job just as easily without that thing between your legs."

        Matt's eyes flared, frustration being quickly replaced by anger.
"Look, I

was born a man! That is what I am, not this thing my body is now! If it

wasn't for that damn battle, and these magical arts I am cursed with, I

would still be nothing more then a man."

        Jenn's body began to shift, her two soft fleshy breasts moving
inwards,

until they flatten to small male pectorals, hair quickly growing around her

body making her chest that of a male. Below the cover, Matt felt Jenn's

legs growing outwards, rubbing against Matt's inner thigh. Another object

grew out and touched Matt just below her waist. Matt felt the object

hardening as it grew in size. Ignoring the urges to take the object inside

her, she looked up to see Jenn's face, now replaced with the man Matt had

made love to last night. Urges pushed against Matt's mind and desires,

urges that had taken over last night. During the few hours of sleep, she

had managed to again control.

        Jenn removed the cover of sheets from her body and revealed the
object for

Matt to see, its wonder pointing directly towards Matt's sex. Lust and

desires nearly overcame Matt in a instant, but her training quickly

control, allowing her to look away from that object and back into Jenn's

male eyes. "Is looking like this is so important to you." Jenn asked,

mistaking Matt's inner conflict for his desire to be a man again.

        "I'm sorry Jenn," Matt commented, replacing the sheet back over
Jenn, and

moving slightly away from the touch of that object. "You know that I have

nothing against the changing powers. I just wish I was able to be who I am,

inside." Matt watched as Jenn's form started to change back into a woman.

"This doesn't feel. right. I doubt it ever will. What more can I say?"

        Finally changed back, Jenn gave Matt a smile. "Say nothing, just
don't say

things that put women down. Women have been ruling kingdoms long before you

were born. You can do it Mat, you know you can."

        Matt shook his head, "Ever since the battle of Three Gates, I have
lost

more then you could know, that any of you know. This..." Matt pointed

violently towards her body, "magic that I have inside me, is something I

never wanted. I never wanted to be a wizard, I never wanted to have to

battle in this keep." Matt's emotions became angry, depressed, something

that Jenn had seen only a couple of times, usually during the night. "I

never wanted to have the nightmares I have now because of this damn magic!"

        Jenn reached out and took hold of Matt's hand, holding it to her
lips.

"Clam down, dear." She could see that Matt wasn't able to, tears forming in

the former Prince to the throne.

        "I have to fight every second of my waking, and sleeping hours to
prevent

what Nasoj did to me. To prevent his spell making me that... bimbo he tried

to change me into. I have to fight every night against something that

happened before the battle, something that I can't remember!"

        Jenn's face was full of worry, her mind racing over what her lover
was

telling her. "I thought you had got over that?" She questioned.

        Matt shook her head. "No, it still hunts me like a wolf hunts the
deer, or

the hawk hunts the rabbit. It wants me, whatever it is, it wants me to

remember but I can't."

        "Matt, you need to get help with this. You need to talk to Magus."
Matt

looked up and sure Jenn was serious.

        "What! And show a weakness that I can do nothing about." Matt
exclaimed

defiantly. "Never. I would more like the bimbo mind set to take over and

end my embarrassment. At least then I will not be worried about ruling over

men who think I am nothing but a piece of meat."

        Jenn placed her hand over Matt's mouth and screamed, "Enough! That
damn

temper and pride of yours will be your down fall one of these days." Matt

didn't move, his eyes just staring towards the far wall of the large

bedroom. Finally, Jenn removed her hand from his mouth, letting Matt
continue.

        Matt looked away from the way, and the images that threaten to
escape from

its bareness. She glanced at Jenn, her eyes clouded with tears and sorrow.

"Jenn... this pride is all I know that is totally my own now days. The one

thing I know I had before the battle."

        Jenn looked away from Matt's share, then reached forward towards the

dresser close to the bed, retrieving her long following dress. "Matt, I

want you to get help." She said, placing the dress over her head and on to

her body.

        Matt smiled, "Don't worry dear. I will sort something out, this
magic and

this curse will not stop me from marrying the one person in this world that

makes everything worth while."

        Jenn glanced back towards Matt, a look in her eyes that Matt didn't
like.

"I love you, and you know that. But I will not allow you to bring me down

with you in this, and you have too much to work out or our marriage will

never be true to each other. You will be married to me in body, but married

to your self doubt and your nightmares. They will pull us apart. When you

have sorted help from Magus, or do anything else that will help you solve

these nightmares. Then and only then is the marriage an option for us.

Until then, I will be out of your reach." Jenn painfully wheeled away from

Matt's hurt look, and walked towards the hallway door. She stopped, looking

like she was about to turn back, the tears falling from her eyes; but

didn't. Turning the door handle, she left Matt to stare in shock at her

departure.

        Suddenly Matt realised she had let the woman of her dreams storm out
of

her room. Jumping out of the bed, she dashed towards naked into the hall.

She stopped as she saw Jenn's body disappearing around the bend to the

west, the sound of her footsteps dissolving into the distance.

        "JENN! Damn this, damn this all to hell!" Matt screamed, turning
around

and punching the closed wall.

        Matt failed to hear the footsteps as a man stepped into the private

council chambers. "Matt? Been looking for you. You were not at the council

meeting between Bob and I." Matt jumped and turned to see King Thomas

standing behind him.

        Matt nodded and looked to the floor, ashamed at forgetting the
meeting, "I

was a little busy with some problems. Sorry," She replied.

        Thomas walked towards the woman and tapped her on the shoulder. "It
does

not matter. I don't suppose you would be sitting in here alone without a

reason. You are. . . thinking?" He asked.

        "Yes," Matt nodded.

        There was a quiet pause, finally broken with Thomas asking, "About
what

Jenn said to you?"

        "What!?" Matt shouted in wonder.

        "She told me what you said to her."

        Matt looked betrayed, hurt. "How dare she!"

        Thomas leaned over and faced Matt, "She cares a lot for you Matthew.
A lot

of us do. This thing you told her about could be dangerous to you."

        "I will deal with it." Matt demanded, allowing her anger show.

        "Matt, as your friend, your king, and your adopted father. I want
you to

seek the advise of Magus, he is knowledgeable in these things. Yes, he

maybe a little... eccentric at times, but he is a very capable wizard and

advisor to the keep."

        Matt shock her head, "I refuse to go to someone else to deal with my
own

problems."

        "I think you missed the, as your king part of that little request."

        "You are not going to order me?" Matt sounded astonished that her
father

would do such a thing. Hell, Matt was over twenty-four, how could she be

ordered around.

        "Not really an order." Thomas's voice was friendly, but very firm.
"More a

friendly reminder about who is King."

        Matt glared at Thomas, her eyes aflame with anger. Finally, cooling
down

she glanced to the table. "Fine." Matt snapped. "But don't think I will

ever forget this."

        Thomas smiled and patted Matt on the back. "Good, then you will
remember

to thank me when you are all better." With that, Thomas walked out of the

room, leaving Matt to her own upset temper.

        Matt walked slowly into the building, the small of burning liquids
and the

sense of magic instantly hit her like a brick wall. Holding at the door

frame, she allowed herself to get used the smells and magical energy that

littered the room . Finally, ready to explore the building, she entered

hearing the sound of muttering from the next room.

        "Anyone here?!" She shouted out, hoping to grab someone's attention.

        "Hold on, I will be with you in a little while." Came a shout from
the

back room of the building. Suddenly it was followed by an explosion, and

Matt quickly rushed towards the sound, stopping just short of running into

a figure walking out of the smoke filled room

        "Oh dear." The figure said, coughing. "Another project goes up in...
oh,

Prince Malisa, or Lord Matthew I believe, I have not seen you in a while."

        Matt instantly knew that this must be Magus, even if they had never
really

meet before. "This is not by my doing." She muttered, still upset for being

ordered into this meeting.

        "I suppose you are requiring my help with the nightmares you have
been

having and that nasty little spell that Nasoj placed on you."

        Matt glance in shock at the man,

"How..!?"

        "Oh come on, you have also been a very capable wizard in your time,
you

know there is more to magic then meets the eye." Magus laughed, his eyes

looking around for something. "Damn, I'm sure I left it around here."

        Matt looked around from where she stood, "What?"

        "That highly explosive chemical," Magus answered, "Oh well, I'll
find it

one day." Magus then looked back up to face Matt, "To help you I have to

see into your mind, and enter your memories."

        Magus raised his hand, placing it on Matt's forehead. Matt wait to
pull

away, but found she couldn't move. Quickly she protested, "Now, hold on, I

have not said you...." Then she was whisked away into history and into the

nightmares she could never remember, and the dream overcame her.

        It was not so much a dream as it was like living everything over
again.

Matt could only know what had happened before the memory she was reliving,

all her emotions and feelings after the moment removed while she again

lived a moment in her life that she had buried six long years ago. Matthew

started the dream screaming, shouting for mercy from whatever force was

doing this to him. He collapsed to the floor, only to again be dragged up

and held in the air like a puppet, or more closer, clay in a sculptors

hands. He could feel his bones snapping, and being moved around his

changing body, he could feel his hair being ripping out of his head,

cascading down his back falling to the top of his enlarged behind. He felt

the breasts on his chest pushing against the string of his shirt, just

stopping before tearing the material. Then he could feel the change below,

unable to grab for his changing anatomy, his changing sex. He felt

something pushing inside him, changing his inner-body as it reconfigured

the outside. Abruptly, the change ceased. The change finished, after all of

Matthew's devices had failed to save him from the power of the spell.

        The spell released him, letting him fall back to the fall. Able to
move

again, Matthew glanced up at his chest, noting the two breasts that pushed

against his white shirt, the string parting allowing his amble cleavage to

show.

        "You haven't learnt your skills very will have you Matthew." A voice
moved

Matthew's head towards a man, tall and thin, a well groomed man with grey

hair and a long grey goatee. His pale blue eyes, scanned Matthew's new

woman body, the one he had only just given her.

        Matthew quickly ignored the change and reached inside himself,
grabbing

for what ever power he had left. "I have enough knowledge to know that I

can beat you." Focusing, he brought his spell to bare, just like Bob had

thought him. Yet, it faded before even reaching full power, he tried again,

once again coming to the same conclusion.

        "You have not the training to focus away your change Matthew." The
man,

Matthew had come to know as Karanor smiled. "You have not let mastered how

to ignore everything and everyone around you, I can not believe you managed

to get these far into the castle without being noticed. And to think, all

this because of Nasoj's little army."

        Matthew knew he couldn't cast the spell while he was upset and not

focused, relaxing he tried to block out the new sensations this body was

feeding him. "I will not stay like this long either, Karanor." Matthew

ignored the way his voice sounded, the way it made him feel so different.

"Your magic will never hold me hostage for long."

        "You will not want to for to long Matthew, or should I say Tracy."
Karanor

smiled, his eyes wondering over Matthew's new body. "Nice name. One that

your mother was going to call you if you had been born a girl."

        "What?!" Snapped Matthew, again his focus disappearing into mist.

        "Your mother, Tracy." Karanor replied, "You probably don't remember
your

mother... a shame, she was a wonderful woman."

        "What do you know of my mother!" Matthew shouted, angered about his
family

coming up, forgetting about the spell.

        "Because Tracy... I am you father."

        Matthew's mouth opened, attempting to say anything, something. He
glared

at the man, his eyes wanting to burn Karanor to ash. He tried to move, but

again Karanor's spell held him in place. "I don't believe you." Matthew

finally replied, holding back all emotion, he wasn't going to let Karanor

win over his emotions, it was all he had left.

        "Oh, but you should." Karanor answered, "You see, when the attack on
our

convey happened, and your mother was killed I figured you were killed also.

I left the Midlands, growing angry and finally loathed everything that King

Thomas, the fifth, stood for. I blamed them all for your death and for the

death of your mother. Finally, a friendly wizard came to me and took me

into his wings. He saw in me something more then just a thief, and told me

I had a very powerful skill, that you appear to have also started to

master. This skill soon became a meaningful force in my life, I soon became

powerful enough to over come even my tutor." Karanor smiled, a smile of

pure evil.  "After killing him, and absorbing his power, I starting to do

odd jobs, hired kills, little magical wonders for money. Then finally I was

hired into this Nasoj's army."

        "This is stupid, my father would never turn out as evil as you."

        "Really?" Karanor laughed, "What clouded view of your father do you
have?

A angel? A saint?" Stepping towards Matthew, his eyes narrowed on the

woman's figure. "My boy, I was a common thief, I stole for food and I stole

for you and your mother."

        Matthew turned away, his mind swirling with confusing thoughts,
scary and

painful thoughts that this man. could. be. his... father.

        Karanor continued, pounding the facts into Matthew's already damaged

emotions, "Your mother was the most beautiful person in the world, and the

best cook too." Matthew saw Karanor's eyes, noticing the way they looked

sadness, pained by the memories; it was almost as if he was telling the

truth. "She loved you with all of her heart, and many times forced me to

behave while I was around you."

        "If you are my father?" Matthew shouted, his voice betraying the
anger he

wanted to commit, "Why are you doing this to me, why are you helping such

an evil man as Nasoj, do you know he plans to attack Metamor Keep. Planing

to try and take over your home?!"

        "As I said, I am a thief." Karanor smiled, his eyes again void of
any

emotion but pleasure for what he was doing. "I work for money my lad, I

work for the joy of knowing I'm better then all the rest. Yet, I also work

for Nasoj, because I know it will mean the death of King Thomas, his death

for his lack of saving your mother." Karanor stepped away from Matthew and

walked towards the other side of the room, looking outside the window

towards the large courtyard of the Northern city. "That is why I have done

to you what I have." He continued, justifying his actions, and his hatred.

"I know you would never agree to me working for Nasoj, as a woman and with

the mind changes I have placed in your mind, you will only care about the

fact that you are my daughter and that you are totally beside me no matter

what I do."

        "I will never join you!" Matthew spat the words out, this time his
new

female voice not failing him. "I'll die first."

        "Maybe." Karanor replied, turning to face the girl. "But, that is a
risk I

am willing to take. With your power and mine, we could control the

midlands. Your powers are strong, I know they are, I can feel them. With

training you will be a very powerful ally, or a powerful enemy."

        "I will never join you." Matthew repeated, this time a little more
of his

resolve crumpled as the spell over his mind started its job.

        "You will change your mind, sooner then you think. Guards." With
that, the

two guards grabbed hold of Matthew and started to escort him towards the

door. "Hold!" Came Karanor's commanding voice. Matthew was turned to face

Karanor again, this time the evil wizard was holding a large circular

object. "By the way, your mother had this." Karanor held the object up and

pushed a little button on the top of the object. The object flash white,

then to the right of Karanor appeared what looked like a portal, blue

swirls travelling within it. "It is an artefact that opens a gate to

another world. I have never gone through the portal you see, but now I know

you are alive and powerful enough to help me, I want to share the first

time with you."

        Karanor pushed the button on the artefact again and the portal faded
away

until it vanished altogether. "When you have finally taken on your new mind

set, I will see you back in here and we can explore the other universe

together, letting these people fight it out. When we come back, we can take

over this the midlands for ourselves."

        "If you are my father. Then please, stop this." Matthew plied,
feeling his

mind changing with the spell Karanor had placed on him.

        Karanor smiled and nodded, "I will see you soon, my daughter." With
that

Matthew was taken from the room, leaving Karanor alone to await his

daughter's arrival.

        Matt screamed as Magus quickly brought her out of the spell, Magus
grabbed

hold of Matt and shook her. "Wake up!" He shouted at the screaming girl.

Finally, his hand came up and struck her across the face. "You are safe!"

He shouted again, his hand again coming in for another slap, this time

caught in the air by Matt's powerful grasp.

        "Thank you Magus." Matt's voice was shallow, cold. "I'm fine now."

        "Good, I had feared you would have been lost in the effects of that

memory." Magus explained, as Matt released his hand. "Them memories were

blocked, by a magic I can not locate. A powerful magic of an unknown kind."

Magus stated, sounding the most focused Matt at heard him since meeting him.

        "Was he?" Matt didn't know if she wanted to know or not, but again
it was

something in here life that she needed answered.

        "Your father?" Magus asked, "I don't know. Does it make a
difference, he

is no longer of this world."

        "Isn't he?" Matt asked, not truly sure Karanor was died, or had even
been

at the attack on Metamor. "Someone removed these memories, even the fact

that this had happened before the attack."

        "Maybe someone who wanted you not to warn that the attack was going

happen." Magus give a possible answer.

        "Then why did they change me back to my male-self before sending me
back."

Matt asked, unable to answer that question herself.

        "Maybe you changed yourself back, before escaping." Magus,
challenged.

        "I didn't remember him saying he was my father, and now you tell me

something is blocking my other memories, how can I believe anything that

happened around them days I was captured? How can I know anything that

happened." Matt stated. "I need to know." Matt walked towards the door, her

hands resting against the door frame and looking out into the morning air.

Her thought on the memories she had just again learnt.

        "Go on. I can sense you are thinking something." Magus requested.

        "What if we did go to that other world?" Wondered Matt. "What if I
had

been there with him?"

        "What ifs are very dangerous things to think on Matt." Magus
commented,

"Every dangerous indeed."

        "I have to many unanswered questions in my life, and now this memory
block

is something that is another darkness, another blankness in my life. This

artefact could answer all my questions." Matt was now thinking out a loud,

saying things that she didn't really know were correct answers, or even

options to this giant puzzle.

        "Or make more." Magus, broke her train of thought, and suddenly Matt

realised she had been talking out aloud.

        She turned towards Magus and frowned. "That will have to be a chance

must take."

        There was silence for a moment, and then Magus's eyes narrowed on
Matt.

"Am I correct in thinking that your intentions are to leave Metamor Keep,

and to head north into Nasoj's realm, seeking this artefact?" he asked.

        "I will be going alone. This has nothing to do with the keep, and I
will

not allow anyone to come with me." Matt took a deep breath, finally giving

a sad smile. "I couldn't allow anyone else to risk their life in something

like this."

        "And your future wife?" Magus questioned.

        "Wants me to sort out my life before we can be together," Matt
answered,

"I'm doing what she wants."

        "Don't you think your should tell her?" Magus pointed out, knowing
Matt

was avoiding the issue.

        "Please Magus, have you a pen and parchment?" Matt requested,
knowing

Magus was correct. She couldn't just disappear without explain to Jenn why

she had gone.

        Magus walked towards the far desk, retrieving a small sheet of
parchment

and a writing feather. Walking back to Matt, he handed the former prince

the writing feather and parchment. Matt leaned against the, using the

magical powers she had she let her magic write in a magical energy that

would only appear on the parchment when Jenn read the note. Finishing, Matt

folded the paper and handed it to Magus. "Please, give this letter to

Jennifer."

        "You telling her not to follow, will just make her more eager to
follow

you." Magus stated, knowing what Matt had written even before she had

placed the magic word on the parchment.

        "How do you know I wrote that?" Matt asked, stopping and finally
shaking

her head. "Never mind. Please just, make sure she gets the letter. If she

follows me I will be to long gone for her to find me. And thank you wizard."

        Matt headed towards the door, but was stopped by Magus's voice call
from

behind her. "Matt," Matt turned to face Magus, the grave look in Magus's

eyes chilled Matt to the bone. "Use your powers wisely. They will be our

downfall if you don't."

        Matt gave Magus a reassuring smiled that didn't work, "I try very
hard not

to use my powers, they are not worth anything to me, my sword is a better

weapon."

        Matt turned from Magus and walked from the room, failing to hear
Magus

mutter. "That is just what I was talking about."

NOTES ABOUT STORY:

        My next post, this weekend will have me going on the mission. Does
anyone

what to join this little mission into the northern regions of Nasoj? Please

email me if you want to.

Winc