[Mkguild] Fwd: MK Group Commission Sketch

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Fri Oct 24 21:24:57 UTC 2014

Okay everybody, I am forwarding Ermine's message and the Sketch of
the group commission.  She has a few questions for us.

>Alright, here's the sketch! Please pass it on to everyone and let me
>know if there's any little tweaks I need to make. The table is just
>a rough shape right now to get everything aligned around it
>properly; I figure it'll have a tablecloth and perhaps a fancy table
>runner on it. Is there anything else I should include?
>
>And just a couple other questions: for the background, are you
>thinking a daylit room with windows behind the characters, or an
>interior room (or night-time scene) where the light would come from
>wall sconces? And what should I put on the scroll that Prince Philip
>is reading? I could write something on it in English that relates to
>the story somehow, or I could just use some rune-like characters to
>give the impression of script without it needing to be legible.
>
>Hope everyone approves so far! :3

My thoughts: I think this looks fantastic and is exactly the sort of
thing we were looking for in the first place.

As for the background, I rather like a night-time scene lit by wall
sconces (well-lit), but if folks prefer a different scene I'm fine
with that too.  My only other comment for the table would be that it
is ornate and the top piece would have scroll-work along the side.  I
am fine with whatever on Prince Phil's scroll as long as it is not
anachronistic (no fourth wall jokes); I could always conjure up
something suitable for such a gathering if nobody else has any other
ideas (though the rune suggestion is fine by me).  I don't think
anything is missing for the characters.

I'll give folks a few days to look over this and share their thoughts
before I get back to Ermine.

This is coming together very nicely! :-)