[Mkguild] MK Group Commission Sketch Comments

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 22:42:48 UTC 2014

Ah, concerning the ornamentation on the table:
Bear in mind that the Keep far, FAR pre-dates the current occupants, and has only been under the Curses for 7'ish years.  So, yes, much of the furnishings could show the artistry and craftsmanship from decades if not centuries prior.
Now, consider also that the Keep is - for lack of a better term - Alive, with it's spirit manifesting as Kyia.  This spirit is hundreds if not thousands of years old and manipulates the environs of the Keep at a whim with no one directly aware of the changes almost entirely.  Everything within the Keep - other than the living creatures currently inhabiting it - could be considered extensions of her essence.  Already 'she' has altered chairs and other non-fixed features of the keep to suit the non-human inhabitants.  So, thus, the table could also feature the imagery of the current residents based on her awareness of what local craftsmen are creating.  (As I see it, everything within the castle that is not alive, and has been there longer than a single generation and thus having no 'current' living owner become a 'part' of Kyia and subject to her usage and changes as needed for the comfort of her residents.  Heirloom items passed down families would have 'current' owners and not become 'part' of the Keep as such).

This - either path works just fine and is not really a issue to thump a knuckle on.