[Mkguild] Pascal's Not Dead

kyle.vernon at gmail.com kyle.vernon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 07:54:12 UTC 2015

Ordinarily I wouldn't WANT to give spoilers like this, but since this
involves the death of a major character. Which I KNOW will piss some people
off as she's a fan favorite, I just wanted to give this falling preview of
a future story to let everyone know that Pascal Q. Porcupine has not been
killed off.

There's also a prequel story to Transblade about Pascal that I finished a
year ago, based on a story the original Pascal wrote and lost in a hard
drive failure. Though I'm having it looked at by people who own characters
present in the story... and they've been delaying a LOT.

This is an excerpt from the unfinished story "The Inescapable Cult"

At Metamor Keep, in a certain Alchemist’s Lab there were two oddities going
on, one was Xhyz working a late night and having a sudden vision of two
very strange creatures entering a cave down in the town of Mugal. “...It’s
started…” he said twitched about.

The second thing was a yawning puddle on the floor that hadn’t been cleaned
up since the porcupine who left it died, puddles don’t normally yawn, as a
result Xhyz believed this required investigation as he walked up to it and
poked it with a stick he had lying around. To his surprise it spoke.

“Hey watch it! Can’t a girl get some sleep around here!?!?!” Spoke the
familiar voice of Pascal as the puddle seemed to form her shape as she
stretched and yawned. “Oh hey Xhyz, are you related to a Zyhx? He threw
these potions at me and then I fell asleep… how long have I been out?”

“A week, your funeral services were held yesterday, we thought you had
died.” Xhyz said, no longer his usual chipper self. “I left the puddle on
the floor in memorial of you… I’m glad it turned out to be you… Sorry if
I’m not chipper… I’m sensing something disturbing and it has most of my
attention right now.

“No I’m not dead!” Pascal laughed forming into her normal rubber porcupine
self, though she appeared somewhat gooey. “A little melted, but otherwise
I’m fine… Damn I only meant to sleep for an hour. Heh, guess I overdid.
They had a funeral for me? Was it any good?”

“Eh, there were some good lines. Scratch and Michael left flowers.” Xhyz
said, still very distracted by something. He wasn’t even looking at Pascal
anymore, just straight out the window of the tower. “Glad you’re okay… or
not,,..” Xhyz winced as Pascal melted into a puddle again and then reformed
a few seconds later.

“I see, I’m melted rubber, but if I focus I can hold a tangible shape.
Interesting I have no idea how that’s going to work with the curse and all,
but this needs proper study.” Pascal said, leaving sliming trails of melted
rubber amongst her lab. “I think it’ll wear off on its own though..”

“You’re not disappointed that it’s going to wear off? That’s not like you
at all Pascal.” Xhyz said in a very serious tone, not even bothering to
call her mistress.

“Well no, I need to study it more before I make that call, but random
potions were thrown at me. I wouldn’t know where to begin looking.” The
porcupine blob said as she twisted into various shapes and then back to
normal.

“I see. Pascal, do you remember when I said I came to Galendor because I
had a vision about Metamor Keep?” Xhyz asked as he didn’t even blink, just
staring straight out the window. “Don’t answer that, of course you do. That
vision is about to come true.. For a while I hoped it wasn’t going too...”

“How so?” Pascal asked, starting to get spooked by this ominous fire and
brimstone talk. “What’s going on? Who is Zyhx?”

Xhyz grinned at Pascal. “Hehehe… I wouldn’t worried about it too much
Mistress, it’s great to have you back” He said as he ran up to her hugging
her, the doom and gloom in his voice and aura having completely
de-materialized.

Pascal wasn’t sure what to make of this, so she just returned the warm
sentiments.