[Mkguild] MK Story - Shadows of the Past and Present part 6 - Finale

christian okane chrisokane at optimum.net
Sun Mar 29 00:07:39 UTC 2015

   A soft breeze tickled Stealth's nose as the quiet sounds of the forest
filled his ears. He felt the soft grass underneath him. Slowly he opened his
eyes and sat up. The scout was laying on the grass in the middle of a field.
Laying nearby was both Edmund and Nestorius. Both were back to their normal,
feline forms.

   Stealth looked at his own body and saw the familiar spotted fur and
behind him was his long, cheetah tail. He was oddly relived to see it. Like
seeing alive an old friend you'd thought dead. "Are we alive?"

   Nestorius let out a long, deep sigh. "Yes," he said simply.

   "I know where we are but when are we?" Stealth asked. "Are we back in the
present?"

   The black furred lion morph slowly sat up and rubbed his neck where an
arrow had punctured him five centuries before. "I believe so."

   Edmund got to his paws and stood there for a moment. "What happened? What
did we just experience?"

   "I'm not sure," was the mage's answer. "But what I am certain of is that
it is over."

   "What is over?" Someone asked.

   Turning to the voice they saw Dasan slowly standing there with a crossbow
in hand loaded and aimed at them.

   Stealth pointed a finger at the wolf. "Didn't I order you back to the
Keep?"

   "You did order me back," he answered. "Less than a minute ago. Then you
turned and walked into the woods."

Mairsil walked up to the group. "I heard the sounds of combat. People
shouting, the ring of metal on metal."

   I did too and I smelled smoke," Adelyte added as she walked up to the
group. "But it was faint. like it was far away. Then there was a flash like
lightning and you three were laying there on the ground." She pointed a
finger at the trio. "Where were you and how did you get back?"

   "That," Nestorius said slowly. "Is an excellent question."

The End