[Mkguild] Special Delivery?!?

Bryce Glover randomdsdevel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 20:22:56 UTC 2015

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 7:00 AM, mkguild-request at lists.integral.org wrote:
>

> From: Andrew Vineyard <dimensional42 at gmail.com>
> Date: November 12, 2015 at 6:30:00 AM EST
> To: mkguild at lists.integral.org
> Subject: Re: [Mkguild] Special Delivery?!?
>
> Well, given they have no knowledge about data storage, I doubt they'd be able to even access the records on the ship, let alone figure out how to reverse engineer it.  …

     That is a problem.  We humans have attempted to create data-storage mechanisms that we think might make sense to extraterrestrial organisms before (think the golden records on the Voyager probes,) though, so I think it might be possible for at least one Metamorian to figure out how to extract information from it if the interface turned out to be intuitive enough.

> …While I’m sure they might get curious, they probably would think it’s some strange magic making it run, and probably very very dangerous.  …

That’s a bit of a disappointment, but you’re probably right.  (One could always invoke the ’nosy youngster’ plot device, though…oh, never mind; now I’m going off on tangents.)

> …I take it you’re thinking of a non-canon story for the series?

Maybe eventually — that is, perhaps after I finish something else I’m working on right now for another setting —, but I also wouldn’t mind too much if somebody else decided to do it first.

— RandomDSdevel/WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly