[Mkguild] Oren the Otter's Hippoc Arc

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sat Aug 13 09:43:06 UTC 2016

At 01:49 PM 8/12/2016, Bryce Glover wrote:

>>On Aug 12, 2016, at 2:05 AM,
>><mailto:cokane8116 at aol.com>cokane8116 at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>    I believe that Oren has permanently left
>> MK.  I don't know of any plans to finish his story arc.
>
>Well, that’s a pity; I was looking forward to
>seeing more exploits from that luckless TGed
>Hippocci assassin of his, and, plus, wasn’t
>there a quest some of his characters were going
>to go on to Hippoc with MattRat’s in-‘verse avatar?

Oren left Metamor Keep over a decade ago.  I
confess I had never particularly cared for the
idea of my character going on the trip to Hippoc,
but I tend to be very flexible when other folks
want to use my characters and Oren was a friend
so as long as he was going to bring me back in
time for what I had in mind I was happy to let
him have some fun.  Once Oren left there was no
reason to continue the story-line and a
collective judgment was made to let it
wither.  The same has happened with Raven's story
arc which was never finished before the main
author left MK.  In that case we tried to decide
what to do and had a few possibilities (all
suggested by the original author), but not enough
of us really liked any of them so we sort of let
the plot fade out and left things as they were.

This is one of the challenges of a shared
setting.  We do try to cooperate with one another
and I think in Metamor Keep we've done a
fantastic job of that especially as we are all
pursuing independent plot lines.  But when
somebody decides that Metamor Keep no longer
holds any interest for them, it is extremely
difficult for the rest of us to pick up what they
left behind.  I know that were I to leave there
would be no more stories about the Rats and
that's just fine.  I do not expect people to do
my job for them (though from time to time I do
ask for a little help when it involves their characters).

Okay, that went longer than I intended.  I'm glad
you have been enjoying Metamor Keep and want to
see more of it.  I'm working on it here and there. :-)