[Mkguild] Designing a New Valley

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Mon Aug 29 22:16:41 UTC 2016

At 12:05 PM 8/29/2016, cokane8116 at aol.com wrote:
>Great little story my friend. Shows William has a sense of the
>future - showing that a good idea never really dies.

Indeed.  This is something that previous tales set in the future
mention (both Last Tale of Yajakali and Divine Travails of Rats
mention the Wall), and the way in which I imagined William would
focus his energies to channel all the anguish and rage he feels.

>Story also shows the budding romance with Blance

A potential one at least.  There's a single line in Divine Travails
which allows me to hedge my bets here depending on how much time I
get to write and where I want to go with this.  But I did want to
show that Keepers of the same species are naturally attracted.

>    One thing:

> Edmund explored the area from time to time
>
>you left off Stealth. He is an important part of the exploration of
>the Haunted woods too!

William is a noble and a soldier.  Nestorius is also noble, or at
least an aristocrat.  Sir Edmund is a knight and a fellow soldier of
distinction.  Stealth is a commoner and not a soldier thus not as
important to William.  It is wholly natural for William, when
thinking of those expeditions, to focus only on those of his own
station.   The omission was deliberate because it reflects the society.

Thank you for the thoughtful comments, Chris!