[Mkguild] Patrol VI

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Fri Jul 8 08:31:49 UTC 2016

At 08:35 PM 6/6/2016, Jack Moore wrote:
>AN: This one is killing me because this is my
>first section writing Misha. Oh God...
>
>Patrol VI
>
>Nemo had for the last few days explored the
>city, looking for potential sources of income
>for when he transformed. Today though he had
>stayed at our home with a feeling of...something
>off. Just something off the entire time.
>"Am I changing?" He held up his hands. "I...I
>think I am but...maybe not. I won't change right
>away..." I walked in and found Nemo still examining his hands.
>"Yes they're dirty and need to be washed." I
>said. "The problem is we can't get clean here
>and this city smells like animal shit."

Hey, we do our best to keep it clean. Just avoid those latrine towers. ;-)

>Misha always seems like a walking armory to me.
>I still remember what he looked like when he saw
>me. His face was scared and his eyes cold as
>stone. They focused on the two of us as we approached.
>I should mention before I continue, my friend,
>that Misha Brightleaf was well known in the
>Keep, or at least it seemed that way. He was
>well respected. People liked him. To all those
>people I warn you to stop reading now.
>Oh Misha Brightleaf. Oh how you annoy me.Â
>In Isenport there is a red wax stamp merchants
>use called the Mister Nasty stamp. They put it
>on jars to let illiterate customers know this
>jar holds deadly poison that should be stayed
>away from. Misha if I had my way, you'd wear one on your forehead.

LOL!  Nice inversion of the usual Misha trope for newbies!

>For now all Misha did was cock his head at my
>guise. He scratched his muzzle in confusion.
>"Uh you are here for the patrol right?" Why else
>would we be here twit. Misha's eyes weren't on
>Nemo, just on me. You'd think he'd never seen a man in a dress before.

Dont' you mean sarong? ;-)

>"We don't have to be." I said. "We could turn around and leave right now."
>"Yes we are." Nemo said over my protests. "I am
>Nemo and this is my charge, James of Isenport."
>He said it automatically in his usual
>professional way. He'd said those words a
>thousand times but he left a few words out.
>I'm just James of Isenport. My stomach dropped.
>Not future Lord of Isenport. Already this and
>the stupid patrol put me in a bad mood.
>"Okay..." Misha said. "I was told to expect two men."
>"I am a man!" I snarled at them, "I ain't lost
>my dick yet!" Nemo actually facepalmed at this. Misha looked bemused. "What!?"
>"Well we're going to be going into the woods
>north of the Keep and you're wearing what looks
>like a big dress. That's going to rip, I'd go put on pants."
>"It's not a damn dress! It's a sarong!" I
>shouted at him. "I am not changing a thing!"
>"Hey!" Misha snapped back. "Don't you yell at
>me. You want to wear a dress in the woods? Fine,
>you'll pay for it." I rolled my eyes. Misha I
>noticed visibly clenched "We're leaving now. I gave you a chance."

Misha is acting like a guy who drew the short
straw who now has to put up with a bunch of newbs. ;-)

>I took a chance to examine my two
>anthro-companions for this forced death march.
>The one closest to me was a meerkat. He had tan
>colored fur badly tangled with twigs and dirt
>streaked throughout. His eyes were orange and
>playful. His cloak was a tattered forest green,
>also streaked with dirt. It only went down to
>his knees, his legs extended past the hem of his pants by a few inches.
>The meerkat had a crossbow in his hands that he
>rubbed occasionally. Peaking out from over his
>shoulder was a quiver half empty. I hoped I
>wouldn't see him have to use the bow tonight. He
>seemed ready for anything. His name was Bos.
>The female canine only came up to his chest. Her
>fur was smooth, freshly combed and a red-honey
>color. Her eyes were dark blue and her lips held
>in a small smile. Her hands were clasped behind
>her back and her shoulders were stiff. She wore
>dark leather armor with a short sword tied to her waste. Her name was Shema.
>Bos and Shema, like Aaryn, would be in my life
>for years to come. They would be two of my most
>stalwart companions. More importantly they would
>be two of my best friends. And thus they met me
>saying the only appropriate thing at the time.
>"Are you a dog or some shit?" I asked the female. She laughed.
>"I had to do some research but I am a dhole."
>She extended a clawed hand. "My name is Shema."
>I raised my hand but dropped it before they
>could see my new claws. "uh, this is my first
>patrol. I believe everyone except our vulpine
>leader is here for the first time."

Buahahaha, I know what a dhole is. ;-)

>"I guess." I said. "I don't want to be here."
>"Ah yoo'll geh ussed to eeeh-t!" The meerkat
>said, slapping me on the back and almost causing
>me to fall over. I don't know what surprised me
>more, the slap or that accent. I did a double take.
>"Excuse me?"
>"Ih'll be fun tonight." The meerkat smiled.
>"Ah'm Bos. Yoo?" What accent is that? This was a
>man no matter where he was on Earth, he'd always be foreign.

Nice accent there.  I never can do those very well.

>"My names is James, future Lord of Isenport." I
>said. "You may address me as James or better
>yet, not at all." Both of my companions frowned.
>It's the belief of nobles that people are happy
>to put up with their crap just for the chance to
>bask in their presence. This idea is wrong.

Ah, poor James, still hasn't figured it out yet.

>  "You two are armed as well, are we going to be in danger?"
>"I was attacked the day I got here." Shema said.
>"I think that's reason enough to be armed."
>"Besise scale-tail" Bos said with a grin, "Ihs
>fun shoo-in arrows!" He made a mock archery
>stance to emphasize the point. The sound of clapping interrupted us.

Scale-tail, eh?  Love it!