[Mkguild] Life as We Know It pt. V

Jack Moore jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 00:08:54 UTC 2016

I have been more busy then I've ever been before in my entire life. As such
this is not edited. In another word I am a bit of a mess. Actually I'm a
lot of a mess. So anyone wanting to say hello, hit me up.

Life as We Know It pt. V

Chamomile’s eyes burned in the sun light.  Another long night of failure,
but this time spent failing to sleep.  At least if she had spent it
experimenting, she might have accomplished something.
'How early is it?  Too early.'  Actually the middle of the morning, a
couple of hours before noon.  Chamomile had spent the whole day in a fugue
state.  Things happened but they failed to register with her mind.
'I gotta fix this.  I should be cursed too.  Chamomile stumbled into a
building.  'It’s as much my curse as Nasoj’s curse.  I can fix it.'  She
rubbed her eyes.  'I’m a failure.  I’m a loser.  I can’t fix anything.'
 Those are the words of the damned, said to convince yourself, not the
world.
Chamomile stumbled forward from her place against the wall.  The sun was
too bright and the Keep too loud.  'How can anyone focus on anything with
all this noise?  It’s like a barnyard in this Keep.'
Pushing through the crowd was a Clydsdale male, no shirt and pants in
ruins.  Strung across his back was a yoke, hanging from it were ten buckets
of water.  Chamomile looked at his tail bouncing up and down.  I need
another long fur sample.
When you are in the state between wakefulness and sleep, your body may act
before your brain as the chance to stop it.  Chamomile was in just such a
state right now.  Her brain wanted a hair sample from the horses tail.  Her
body decided to take one.
The Clydsdale man let out a loud equine noise of shock as Chamomile yanked
on his tail.  He spun around to see the much smaller woman, still holding
on to his tail.
“What in the many hells do you think you are doing!?” He asked, snapping
his tail out of her grip.  Chamomile didn’t respond.  Instead she continued
to stare at her hand, where the horse tail had been.  The Clydesdale jerked
her all the way up.
“I said what are you doing?” Now Chamomile looked up.  His big brown eyes
were contorted in a glare of rage.  What was I…I did something to make him
mad?   She rubbed here eyes to help keep herself awake.  'Too many
sleepless nights.  What did I do this time?  I need to apologize...'  The
Clydesdale flicked his tail up, catching her eye.  I need another long hair
sample.
“Are you okay?” The horse asked.  His expression shifted from one of anger
to concern.  “You don’t look alright.  Is their anywhere I can take you?”
 She didn’t respond.  “What’s your name?”
“How long have you been cursed for?” Chamomile asked.  The horse froze,
seemingly unsure of how to answer the question.  He scratched one of his
pointed ears.
“Uh for five years.” The Clydesdale asked.  “I…why do you ask?”  Chamomile
just smiled.
“Five years is a good long time.” She said.  “I can fix everything you
know?  I just have to focus and I can fix the entire keep.”  The Clydesdale
took a step back from her.  She could hear his heart beating.
“That’s…really good.” He swallowed.  “Why don’t you go and fix everything.
I’m just—
“Murderer!”  Chamomile’s heart skipped a beat.  Almost everything seemed to
stop.  Just over the horse’s shoulder, she could see a figure pointing at
her.  In that moment she knew everything was about to change.