[Mkguild] Life III: Entrance of the Parasite - E my comments

cokane8116 at aol.com cokane8116 at aol.com
Sun Jul 30 04:10:35 UTC 2017

Here are my comments!

**************************

AN: Final section here for this chapter. More than half done with the next
chapter. So hope to have it posting soon. I worry constantly when posting,
I wonder why.

Life III: Entrance of the Parasite - E

“Very good my pet.”  Peccavi said.  “Lead me to your daughter, make sure
lots of people see us together.”  Endylen nodded.

By now Metamor had woken up.  People were going to work.  Merchants were
moving their carts full of wares.  Shopkeepers were opening their doors.
And knights and soliders off to do their daily assignments.

“So much still to do.” Peccavi said.  “Is this the most active part of
Metamor?”

“Keeptown should be busier.” Endylen said.

“But is this area poorer?”  Endylen shrugged.  “I’ll figure it out on my
own.  The poor is where I’ll find the most fetrile soil.”

Endylen said something and lead him further into Metamor.  Peccavi barely
noticed, his vast mind was on to other things.  On his assignment, given to
him by the Eternal bastard.  His fist began to tremble.

>>>So he works for someone else!

“Smug self-righteous bastard thinks he can control me.” Peccavi growled.
 “I’ll make Metamor into his city, but I’ll do it my way.  Not his way,
mine.”  HE exhaled.  “Ignore and forget what I’ve said my puppet.”

>>>He is himself being controlled. Interesting!

“Of course sir.”

“Which area of Metamor was hardest hit during the assault?” Peccavi said.
 “Not just damage but over all casualties.  I need a place to set up my
court.”  The puppet shrugged, all the while smiling away.  “I’ll add that
to my list for today.”

“Of course sir.”  The two now turned down an alley way, between two
houses.  At the entrence to the alley was an anthro Shar Pei, in tattered
brown pants, reeking of shit and holding onto a bottle.  As they passed
Peccavi kicked him in the ribs, hard enough to break them but not to put
the canine out of his misery.  Just enough to harm him.

They came out of the alley to a row of houses.  Endylen lead him to the one
on the right end.  This house was tan stone, with one window boarded up.
The door was smoke damaged but otherwise unharmed.

“This place is almost a labyrinth.”  Peccavi glanced around.  This row of

>>>It is a labyrinth!

 houses was in the shadow of the Keep walls and on a quiet street.  “Yeah
this will do nicely.  Quiet, isolated, flammable.  Now my dear pet, go
greet your daughter.”
“Of course sir.”  Endylen walked up the front door and began knocking.  The
door opened but her fist continued knocking.

“Mother!  You’re here.”  Now Peccavi could see the daughter.  She was of
average height and rather plump.  She had dull brown hair tied in a braid
and a face streaked with grease.  Endylen didn’t respond to her daughter.
She stood like a statue, eyes unblinking.  “Mom?  Where’s father?”

“So you are Allie?”  Peccavi approached the girl who only now noticed him.
 “You live here all by yourself?”  The girl turned her gaze to him.
Peccavi stared into her past, instantly seeing all he needed to know.  “No
husband, no children and few friends.  Yes, you are exactly what I need?”

“Excuse me?”  Peccavi’s arms shot out, grabbing the girl around the neck.
Before Ally could respond Peccavi snapped her neck.  He dropped her body to
the ground and gestured to Endylen.  “Carry that corpse into the house pet.”

“Of course sir.”

The house was small, clean and cozy.  The bottom floor was one room, a
combo of kitchen/dining room/living room.  The area beside the door had a
pair of chairs and a small table.  Peccavi had the body laid beside the
table and went to investigate the kitchen.

“Let’s see, we’ve got three places laid out and fresh baked bread.” Peccavi
ripped a piece out of the loaf.  He took a bite only to spit it out.
 “Fucking grotesque.  Your daughter should be ashamed of herself.”

“Of course sir.”  Peccavi began to rummage through her cabinets.

“No alcohol.  I’ll need to fix that.  But I can do that.”  He continued
searching, until he found a small purse of money in the back of one
cabinet.  All the while Endylen stood unmoving by her daughter’s body.  She
swayed a little, as if something was trying to fight for control.

“Yes this will do me quite nicely pet.” Peccavi said.  “Now that I’ve got
all I need…” His hands waved in the air, until he siezed on what to do.  “I
have an assgnment for you pet.”

“I live to serve sir.”

“Yes you do.” PEccavi turned back, to her, a smile on his face.  “You may
not be familiar with Metamor, but you can find your way around, can’t you
pet?”

“I will find where you need me to go sir.”

“Yes you will.” Peccavi said.  “I need you to find the highest place in the
Keep you can go without attracting attention.  And once you’re there I have
an assignment for you.”  Endelyn didn’t respond.  Her tail swayed back and
forth as muscles continued to twitch without thought.  “You will find the
highest place you can and then throw yourself from it.  Understood my pet?”

“Yes sir.”  Immiedietly all of Endylen’s slack muscles snapped to life.
She spun around and ran out the door.  Peccavi watched her leave and waited
until she was long gone.

“Let’s see how long it takes.” Peccavi mumbled, shutting the door.  He made
his way over to Allie’s body, noticing bruises forming on the neck.  “What
to do, what to do?  Oh I know!”  Flames shot from his finger and consumed
the body.

Peccavi’s control over his flames was absolute, they burned only the corpse
and nothing in the house.  As soon as the body was ash the flames went out.
 “Absolutely perfect.  Not a trace left.”  He laughed.  “I amaze myself.”
 His gaze now turned to the fire place, noticing something he missed at
first.  “Who keeps that there?”

>>>Wow - what an ego!

The fire place was cold now and empty of ashes.  Above it were a few
nicknacks and one very dusty bottle of wine.

“Thank fuck, I could use some booze.”  Peccavi pulled the cork out with his
teeth and took a long drink.  It tasted more like vineager, but shitty
alcohol was still alcohol.  With his new prize Peccavi sat down in one of
the chairs in his new house.

“Thank you Lew and Endylen and Allie for the use of your house.  I promise
it’ll help bring this city to it’s knees.”  He raised the bottle.  “Salud
to you all.”  Peccavi took another drink.

Now that Peccavi was secure in Metamor, his mind moved on to his tasks for
today.  Endylen’s death would allow him to gauge how anonymous he was
here.  When the armadillo took her dive, someone would investigate her body.

“And the question is how long will it take them to find me?” Peccavi asked.
 “Can they find me?  Or will they even care when they do?  I bet they
don’t.”  He grinned.  “Indifference was always my favorite sin.”  Peccavi
finished the bottle, then flung it into the fire place.

“Whelp, no time to sit, I’ve got places to be!”  He lept to his feet and
pratically flew out the door.

The sun was up and people were out in Metamor.  People of all sizes and
species, all under the same curse.  A curse that united them in one common
cause of survival.  They believed themselves to be a strong poeple, united
and indestructable.

“But that won’t last.”  Peccavi observed two anthros, arm in arm, walking
down the street.  One was a reptile, the other a mammal.  Their tails were
entertwined.  At this moment they felt nothing but love, but Peccavi could
see through that.  He could see the male mammal’s insecurities, the female
reptile’s knowledge she couldn’t bare his children.  He grinned.

“Oh Metamor, you present a strong face, but it’s just a face.”  Peccavi
began to tremble.  “You think you can hide it from me, but you can’t.”  He
focused on the ground under the couple, and with little effort pulled a
stone up.

The mammal tripped and pulled his girlfriend over with him.  Peccavi didn’t
stay to see them bloody, much as he wanted too.  The day was young and he
had tasks to do.