[Mkguild] Life As We Know It XXIV

Jack Moore jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 03:24:37 UTC 2017

Life As We Know It - XXIV

While I left for home, Remmie made her way to Chamomile’s cell.  Sebastian
was sitting at the top of the hall near the door.  He smirked as Remmie
entered.
“Going to speak to her too?”
“That’s the plan.” Remmie said.  “Afterwords I’m going to get a drink at
the Deaf Tent.”  Sebastian nodded and closed his eyes, leaning back against
the wall he looked almost at peace.  “…I guess I’ll ask you on the way
back…”
Chamomile was fast asleep on her cot.  She perked up though the moment
Remmie sat down.  “I’ve said all I need to your boss and your partner.  I
don’t have anything else to say.”  Remmie crossed her legs.
“Yeah but Cammy, I’ve not heard it now have I?” Remmie asked.  “Besides, I
got a few questions.  I saw you got books with you.”
“Well congratulations for figuring out I read.” Chamomile said.  “Anyone
who wants to understand Metamor Keep, or any place they’re trying to
overrun, needs to have knowledge of it.”
“You had history books, why them?” Remmie asked.
“To understand the curse as you know it.” Chamomile said.  “That’s what
matters.”
“Yeah but I don’t know why you need to.” Remmie said.  “You were with that
dickhead who cursed us.  You already know all about the curse.  Why would
you care how it works?”  Chamomile went silent.  “Why do you have a book on
Blackhone Keep?”
“I don’t see how that matters.” Chamomile said.  “I’m ready for you to
leave and ready to be taken off now.  Please leave me alone.”  Remmie stood
up.
“Why do you care what happened to Blackhone after Nasoj took it?”
 Chamomile refused to look up.  “Damn it lady, we’re trying to save you!”
“I don’t want to be saved!” Chamomile snapped.  “I want to be left alone.”
Remmie sighed.
“Then it’s going to be your very real funeral.”  Remmie walked off, rubbing
her eyes.  “Lord Eli bless me for I have dealt with stubborn morons.”  She
returned to Sebastian who opened her eyes as she approached.  “Planning to
stay here all night?”
“If Andwyn were here I’m sure he would, just to make sure he’s always near
the resource.” Sebastian said.
“You admire him don’t you?”  He nodded.  “I get that.  I like my partner.”
 Remmie grinned.  “We’re not officially partners but she teaches me a lot.”
“That’s fascinating.” Sebastian said disinterestedly.
“Yeah well I was going to ask ya something.” Remmie said.  “I figured
you’re getting tired sititng here.  Would you like to go get a drink with
me?”  Now that got Sebastian’s attention.
“You want to get a drink with me?  Why on Earth would you want that?”
 Sebastian asked.
“You seem thirsty.” Remmie said.  “I figured, eh he could use a drink.  He
can’t be as bad as Janelle thinks.”  Sebastian opened his mouth but quickly
shut it.
“Another time perhaps.”  Remmie sighed.
“Man work will still be here waiting for you.  Relax, take an evening off.”
 Sebastian ignored him.  “Well, alright.  Just keep sitting here all night,
that sounds like fun.  No doubt you’ve got a lot of nights like this ahead
of you.”  Remmie turned to leave, only for Sebastian to stand up.
“Wait…maybe I should.”