[Mkguild] Update to "Unleashing the Beast" (formerly "Homecoming")

Hallan Mirayas hallanmirayas at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 05:11:48 UTC 2017

The last scene of UtB, where Drift bites down on Whisper confused some people.  I have rewritten the section to make it more clear what's going on.  My apologies that it took me so long.  Depression sucks.

An updated version will be sent to MK-Submit momentarily.

Hallan

-----

    Something shifted in the creature's face, and the massive wolf loosened its bite.  Backing away, it pawed first at its head, then at its collar, metal claws raking fruitlessly against metal spikes in an ever-increasing frenzy.  Another self-destructive explosion seemed imminent.

    Then Misha broke free of his fast-disintegrating ice prison.  He hefted Whisper into a crossing block.  "Drift-"

    KILL HI-

    Edward, son of Alan Snow, whirled with death in his eyes and slammed his jaws shut on the black axe's shaft.  The runic weapon struck back instantly, ripping life energy from the beast like a wolverine eviscerating a rabbit.  Carcarak, creation of Revonos, desperate to stay alive, pulled every last drop of daedra energy from the broken linking spell embedded in the collar around his neck, devouring every spell and enchantment ever woven into it or through it.  The collar, overstrained far beyond anything for which it had ever been designed, flared white-hot for a tenth of a second before detonating, hurling Misha, Whisper, and the War Wolf in three separate directions.

    Silence fell, broken only by the TCHOKK of Whisper burying itself two feet into a boulder as it landed.