[Vfw-times] Are You Afraid to Die?

Heartsh0t at aol.com Heartsh0t at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 16:31:14 CDT 2000

I believe that God is in complete control in the affairs of this life.  I
believe the time for everyone to be born and die is in God's hands.  When
it's time for me to die, I'm prepared.  I don't know what the future holds, I
only know that God holds the future in His hands.

In my church, our pastor asked those who were absolutely certain that if they
were to die that they would go to Heaven to raise their hands.   I was able
to raise my hand in that when I was a little girl in the fifth grade, I
repented and trusted Jesus Christ as my Saviour.  Now is the accepted time of
salvation.  Come while you still can.
Are You Afraid to Die?

Are you a stranger to God?
Carried away with your pride?
Tell me sinner,
Do you ever stop and think,
Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid?  Are you unsaved?
Are you afraid to die?

Call on Him while He is near
moments are swift passing by
Will you seek Him while He still may be found?
Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid?  Are you unsaved?
Are you afraid to die?

Are you too wicked to cry?
Would you to God's bosom fly?
Soon He's coming like a thief in the night
Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid?  Are you unsaved?
Are you afraid to die?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -
John 3:16

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God:" - Romans 3:23

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
- Romans 10:9

"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation." - Romans 10:10

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans
10:13

"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of
salvation have I succoured thee: behold, NOW is the accepted time; behold,
now is the day of salvation.)" - 2 Corinthians 6:2

"For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is
the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

*It will not be by the works you've done while living here below, it will be
by the loving grace of God*
Heartshot Foxley