[Vfw-times] Adventures In Chattahoochee Hollar - On Eagle's Wings - PART 1 (1/?)

Heartsh0t at aol.com Heartsh0t at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 17:06:49 CDT 2000

First of all, before I get started, I want to thank the following for this
story:

1.  My Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for loving me and saving me as I am,
an undeserving sinner.
2.  My husband, Jeff, who really is a timber wolf at heart.  He's made my
heart soar, and in all the years I've been married, my feet has yet to touch
the ground.
3.  Cloudchaser Shaconage for letting me use his fursonna in the story.
4.  Those irascible barnstormers who were prevalent in the heydays of the
1914's - 1940's.  These heroic figures of romance had found their way into
the hearts and lives of the people of yesteryear as did the actors and
actresses of the silverscreen.

Cloudchaser addresses the readers of this story as:  "This is Cloudchaser
Shaconage.  I hope that you enjoy reading this excellent story as much as I
have!  I also want to point out that my personality, emotions, feelings,
reactions, etc. as they are portrayed in this story are very close to what
I'm like in real life. :-)"

Cloudchaser Shaconage is (c) Copyright 2000 by Cloudchaser Shaconage, all
rights reserved.

Adventures In Chattahoochee Hollar, it's stories and concepts are (c)
Copyright 2000
by Kimberly M. Edwards, all rights reserved.

Adventures In Chattahoochee Hollar

For Jeff

On Eagle’s Wings

By:  Kimberly M. Edwards

The early part of summer passed quickly along as folks in Chattahoochee Hollar
made preparations for the upcoming Independence Day celebration.  Flags,
pennants, bows, streamers, and banners proudly displaying the red, white, and
blue, hung proudly around homes, store fronts, and the only church in the
small
town.   In addition to the decorations, dozens of handbills and flyers were
distributed throughout the hollar featuring a special aerial daredevil who was
involved with church ministry, that would be coming to town performing stunts
in
the festivities.   A Johnny Appleseed of sorts, the daredevil sowed seeds for
the
Master along his many travels up and down the east coast of North America.  No
reservation of ballyhoo was made in that posters were plastered on barns,
silos,
and fences, announcing the freewheeling daredevil’s arrival on the
commemorative day of Independence.  Housewives spread gossip like wildfire
from one household to the next as the Fourth drew closer.  The days of the
flying
circuses and the risktaking barnstormers were all but numbered due to the
talks
of upcoming regulations that were in the works.   However, small communities
such as Chattahoochee Hollar still found the death-defying antics
fascinating.
Many in the hollar had only heard of such brave men and women, but have
never seen them in action.  The Fourth would also bring music, square dancing,
picnics, sackraces, baseball games, watermelon and pie-eating contests.   At
the
end of the day, fireworks would wrap up the day's events.