[Vfw-times] Story Ideas -- Fortress Archive --Opps

wolf0013 kryses0013 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 12:03:28 CDT 2000

Sorry bout that, forgot to paste the text into the e-mail

Fortress Archive Gazette
September 1st 2000

Okay, this is Wolf-0013, my crosswinds account was deleted along with my
web-site, apparently I violated some small obscure rule.  But that’s
okay, it’ll give me time to get a good number of stories and art to
start the Fortress Archive out with when I finally find some web space
that’ll work for me.

I’ve decided to bundle my monthly story idea postings in with a monthly
gazette for the Fortress Archive. When everything is set up, the gazette
will not only be a monthly posting of story ideas and plot lines, it’ll
also inform people of updates, new features, new content, and possible
contests and such.

I hope to be able to work out a system so people will be able to
subscribe to the gazette itself instead of just receiving it through
Transformation and Furry based mailing lists.  But, if there’s huge
opposition to that idea, I can always call it off.

Anyhow, onto the story ideas for the month of September.
----------

Constant Trans-reality slips

What if the world was always shifting between animal morphic and human
forms, but none of us could remember things every being any different
when the changes occurred.

What’d the point of such a story be, oh, nothing much, simply put, it’d
be a good situation to show that the more things change, the more they
stay the same.

Or perhaps the changes happen on a monthly cycle, but people still
remember having previous forms for a while after each transformation.
This situation would appeal to me, because it’d mean that everyone would
truly have an animal within, two forms with one soul.  I like this
because one could always have a person feel out of place in one of their
bodies, as in, they feel it’s not their real one, AKA species disphoria.

I suppose this idea isn’t too original in the long run though.

Duel Dreaming

Imagine that there are two people, complete different, and I mean
completely, as in different time line, different world, different
species, maybe one is a human teenager, and the other is a warrior
dragon or something like that.

But imagine that they are linked somehow, that one day, each of them
start having strange dreams of being, each other, the dragon warrior
dreams of being the human teenager, and the human teenager dreams of
being the dragon warrior.

Then, things start to cross over between them, sudden memory flashes,
personality quirks, likes and dislikes, physical characteristics.

This could go in several directions, the transformation could go until
both sides have reached a complete halfway point, leading too two
morphic dragons with the same body, same personality, and same memories,
in two different time periods or worlds.

Or perhaps they go all the way, each becoming the other causing a
warrior dragon to be flying through the modern world, and an average
teen in a fantasy world.

Or they could literally become one body that’s shared between 2 worlds,
a morphic dragon with two different sets of memories constantly shifting
between two worlds.

This could end in several ways I suppose; it could end with the death of
whoever caused the crossover.  Or, is could end by both worlds becoming
one, or perhaps it could simply not end, as in no real closure is
presented.  Each could walk off into the other world in their other form
and begin a new life, perhaps one destructive, the other nomadic.

It really doesn’t matter where is ends or how, you see I try to leave my
idea’s somewhat open ended to make some room for creativity.

Science and Magic

Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, Dragonball Z, All three are examples of
famous plot lines where both magic and technology can be used equally in
a story to create unforgettable stories.

Of course science and magic seem to be the opposite in nature, yet
profoundly similar sort of like human logic and animal instinct.  Two
different forces that can lead to the same result, an interconnected
paradox, sort of like anthropomorphic creatures themselves.

All right, I guess I at least should include a sample of a plot line.
Okay, imagine that some sort of scientific accident involving time
travel causes a huge temporal hiccup, which in turn instantly fuses a
highly scientific world with a world of myth and magic, albeit it
wouldn’t do this in a stable fashion.

Okay, long story short, the person they were going to send back in time
instead becomes the living embodiment of this dimension, and he’s slowly
changing as the dimension is…  But instead of it being safe for him like
it is everyone else, it’s pulling him apart, and if he dies due to this,
this dimension will become violently unstable, and cause other realities
to start become unstable as well.  The solution, a quest for a magical
healing artifact that now exists in a portion of the world that has gone
completely mythical.

Okay it’s far from the best or most stable plot.  But that’s just an
example.  The point is to try to mix and match genres and to create
something unique.

Transformation of Children

One thing I certainly don’t see often is how children would handle
transformation, and when I say Children, I mean young children, such as
between the ages of 3 and 7.

The reason why I’m bringing this up is, well, to put it simply it’d be a
whole new game if it were children being turned into anthropomorphic
creatures.

For one thing they’re more innocent then adults, and often times don’t
have an understanding of issues such as racism.  Okay all right I take
that back, children can be quite brutal at times and they can be racists
too in a sense.  But children don’t tend to have the concept of many
things that adults take very seriously.  The issue’s that would face an
adult in that situation wouldn’t fit in a child’s mind.  Yet at the same
time I would pity the child simply because of the fact that adults would
want the child to face those issues.

How would a child face a world trying to push the issue of his or hers
humanity down their throat?  How would the parents of the child act?
And what ultimately would be the fate of the child?

I myself don’t have these answers, but I’m hoping another might write
down the answer in the form of a story.  Hehehehehehe.

Adopted by Nature

Suppose through some sort global catastrophe, the vast majority of
humanity dies out, maybe through some sort of strange space virus, or
through some galactic war, or whatnot.

Now imagine that the survivors begin wandering the world, with no real
memory of who, and what they are, no longer having a real conception of
what a human is, only knowing that they are alone.

Okay, now, how bout these few remaining confused humans start hanging
out in nature, taking on the nature of animals they see, eventually
becoming something between human and animal themselves, both mentally
and physically.

A sort of planetary version of lord of the flies.

I guess this isn’t really original, I just like the idea of a person
with amnesia hanging out with say, wolves, and literally becoming a
member of the pack.
--------

Anyhow, that’s all for the story ideas this month.  I’ll be certain to
get more ideas out to you all next month.

If anyone knows of a good web-space provider, I would appreciate it if
you would e-mail the information too me at.

Kryses0013 at yahoo.com

If anyone would like me to host their art or stories once I get the new
archive sent up, please send me a copy of the stories to the same e-mail
address, if you want to send me art to host, just include it in a JPG or
GIF file.

The only rule I have is no pornographic or highly sexual content-based
material.  Blood, guts, harsh language, and implied sexual content is
all allowed, although somewhat discouraged.
                    Signed: W.O.L.F 0013

---------------------------The Midnight Fantastic----------

For we are the chaos, existing in the dream, devouring our future, our
past, living only in the present. I choose to live the dream killing
myself with chaos that I control.  I choose to transform myself from
what I am, to ascend beyond the dream.

Transcending the dream, seeing the world through the face of a beast.
Into the burning heaven, carried by Crimson wings....