[Vfw-times] Fortress Archive Gazette (Feb-2001)

Wolf 0013 kryses0013 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 23:56:02 CST 2001

Well, it's a little late, but here's February's Gazette

Okay, I AM working on the index page for the actual web site, it'll be
Dreamwever/Photoshop based, and will be ready in 2 weeks too a month for
launch.

It'll likely be on a Geocities site since I can't seem too get any other
web space for the moment.

i'll be accepting stories, art, and any other type of TF/furry based
media, but larger file types such as Flash and MP3 I won't widely accept
until I switch too a sever with more space.

Anyhow, now that that that is out of the way, onto the story idea's.

Love stories.

Okay, it's February, that means it's open game for love stories, kind of
scary actually.  Anyhow, I would suggest that if you write any love
stories, mix em up a little bit.  Add a bit of a halloween feel.
Often time love stories are just way too, what's the word I'm searching
for, unrealistic and naive, even when it's a TF story and already
unrealistic people often make things more realistic by making everything
works out quickly and completely because the couple is in love.

I've never bought those stories, love is a wonderful thing yes, but it
is also a difficult and sometimes scary thing.

Perhaps one of the couple is say, a sphinx, and that it's the modern day
and myth's like that are seen simply as, well, myth's, made up legends.
Well even if they're in love they have several things in the way that
must be worked out.  Different societies, lives, species plans.
Obviously some where somebody has too give something up, that is the
factor I'd like too see focused on,  what one is willing too give up and
what they get in return.

Concert on the Grassy Knoll

Okay, this story is a fairly interesting idea.  Basically, it describes
a human that stumbles upon a sort of concert/carnival of mythic
creatures such as nymphs satyrs kitsunes angels minataurs werewolves,
the works.

They don't notice him even though he wanders into the concern and is
walking right amongst them.  But basically, the more he plays along, the
more they notice him, as as that happens, he transforms into a myth
himself, however the concert has a bit of an intoxicating effect, thus
he doesn't care.

The ending is completely open.

Cursed Societies

Okay, a wizard from the deep past wakes up in the far future and decides
too curse the planet, as his way of revenge.

The curse turns a person into a reflection of one's inner self, but it's
not always something a person wants or expected.  in order too combat
this curse, which is activated by emotions, those not yet effected
quickly use sound waves too nullify the emotions of the masses not yet
effected.

It was too be temporary but it ending up sticking, anyhow, the machines
aren't 100% so occasionally somebody's emotions show and they are
cursed, when this happens, they're banished too the wild lands outside
of the cities, an area that now resembles a  mid evil fantasy setting.

Anyhow, now there are a lot of groups with various objectives and goals,
some wish too destroy the city dwellers which look down open them,
others completely revel in their new forms and lose their minds, others
still try too live a peaceful balance.

Anyhow, this is more a universe idea then a short story idea.

Adaptive Were creature

Okay, this is a rather odd and short idea, but It just flashed across
the mind, imagine a person who changed into different animals at random
times, but the animals he'd turn into is based on his environment.

In other words, if he TF's in water, he turns into an otter, in air, an
eagle, the the desert, a coyote, and so on.  Not much of an idea I know
but an interesting thought.

The Truth and Curses

Okay, another idea about a world wide curse, very much different
however.  quite a simple curse, if you lie, you are transformed
instantly, and you can't transform back, if you don't tell the truth,
then you'll continue too transform too a higher degree, if you spill the
beans, you stop transforming into a full blown animal.

Every time a person lies, this process starts all over again, except of
course, you're a different species every time you lie.

Insulting Fairies

Okay, strange little idea that crossed my mind, a slightly disturbed
teen walks through the forest and meets some fairies.

He insults the fairies and ends up being transformed into a small
woodland animal, a squirrel or something, 3 days later the fairies
return and turn him back into a human, the time in between those two
events is where you write most the story.  I want too see a story where
a bully becomes a kind caring person.  And what it'd take too bring
about this change.

Well, that's about it for this month's story idea's I am afraid, sorry
there aren't as many as you'd there used too be.

Anyhow, I'll try to have some more high quality stuff ready for next
month, until then I hope you enjoy the current items you have before you.

Signed: W.O.L.F 0013