[Vfw-times] TF Virus alert!

Oren Otter orenotter at netzero.net
Thu Jan 18 21:55:43 CST 2001

Don't know whether this is worth worrying about, but I thought I'd pass it on.

Original text is as follows:

THIS IS NOT A HOAX!

This warning is coming straight from the medical experts at Sears & Roe
Buck, so it is legitimate!

Warning!  If you receive an e-mail titled "You won a cruise on the sea of
tranquility! -not a virus!" DO NOT OPEN IT!  IT WILL REWRITE YOUR DNA!

Already, twenty-nine cases have been confirmed.  The TF Virus, also known
as the "Derksen Special" virus will reformulate the ink in your hard drive
into an airborne mutagen which will in turn reformat the genetic code of
anyone within twenty feet!  This can result in a transformation of the user
into anything from a platypus to a pikachu.

"I read this warning and I didn't believe it." says Gladys Tubikiti of
Trenton, Massachussetts.  "Now I've turned into an ordinary housecat and I
can't even talk or type.  Nobody knows what happened to me!"

Happ Epet of Sacramento, Arizona writes "Like I got turned into a moose,
eh?  Like I lost my job at McDonalds eh?  Cuz now I gots too much hair for
the health codes, eh?"

So if you don't want your loved ones being turned into dumb animals, please
forward this to everyone on your list!

If you forward this to one thousand people, Derksen Inustries' e-mail
tracking software will record the fact and send you a free sampler of
perfectly normal and harmless candies as a reward for your compassion.

Oren Otter
The Changing Workplace
http://www.ottercomics.com/tcw

Shop online without a credit card