[Vfw-times] (no subject)

Heartshotfoxley at aol.com Heartshotfoxley at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 22:18:19 CST 2001

Okay...I know some of you are going to think I'm off my rocker for  telling
you this...but I get excited when this sort of thing happens!   I call these
'nuggets' and 'gems' whenever the Lord reveals something to me  :-)  Maybe I
am off my rocker, but ehhhh...I'll tell ya anyways!   Do get the inkling of
the joy of the Lord here?

There's a place in the Bible where Jesus is setting the example of servitude
in
John 13:5-17.  Jesus is washing the feet of His disciples.  Two of the verses
states..

"If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to
wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."
John 13:14-15

Our Saviour here is talking about how we should serve others - in all aspects
of life.  Part of Christ-likeness is being a servant to others.   But in this
chapter, the Lord showed me that not only is the chapter speaking about
servitude, but a great spiritual truth...

We must be washed by the blood of Jesus to be saved.  We must born again.
Let me show you....

"Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet.  Jesus answered him, If
I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me."  John 13:8

You see...those who have not been saved, having had their sins washed away by
the blood of Jesus ...the Lord will have nothing to do with that person who
has repeatedly rejected Him, especially if that person has been given every
opportunity to come.   That person is not saved who hasn't received Him as
Saviour.

In fact, in 1 Samuel 16:1 states...

" And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I
have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and
go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king
among his sons."

I've had loved ones I have prayed for...wishing they would come to the saving
grace of Jesus, who simply refuse.   The above verse tells me I shouldn't
mourn for those who had rejected him.  God told Samuel not to.  Saul had
disobeyed and turned his back on God.  The Lord then annointed David to be
king over Israel.  After time, after time, after time when we've witnessed to
one who won't come, we should pray and ask God to help us to get over that
person - give us peace in that the person just will not come.  And...yes, He
does give us peace - 'It is well with my soul'.  Do we still love that
person?  Yes, but the Lord will give us peace!  It's all in the Lord's hands.

Heartshot Foxley =^.^=