[Vfw-times] GM - A Halloween to Remember - 6

Wolf0013 kryses0013 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 23:06:55 CST 2001

Alright, here's the next little chapter in the story.  It's not quite as
long as the previous chapter just so you all know, but I am very happy with
it.

It's slightly gloomier then previous chapters but don't worry, it won't
last.

As always, comments are welcome.
                                                        Signed: W.O.L.F

-----shred here with a chainsaw------

I laid back atop the blanket of my bed, looking up at the ceiling.  Alone
with my thoughts undisturbed, all I heard were the countless droplets of
rain hitting the earth outside.  I had opened the window earlier to get some
fresh air but it seemed only to let in the cold autumn air from outside.
Even beneath my fur my skin felt chilled, although I wasn't entirely sure it
was from cold temperatures.  It occurred to me that I really should close
that window before I caught a cold, but I didn't seem to have the energy.

I slowly turned my gaze from the ceiling, my eyes settling on the glowing
red numbers of my digital clock. 2:46, school would be ending soon, everyone
would be coming home, relax, maybe watch a little television, then maybe
head off to a party or maybe a movie.

Normal people, and maybe no so ordinary people, they'd be going out and
enjoy their lives with the company of friends.  Not me though, I'm not sure,
but I think werewolves don't have friends.

I closed my eyes trying to block it out, to block all the questions out,
inevitably though they kept coming.  My eyes burned as tears began to force
their way out of my closed eyes.  I let my eyes open, letting the tears
escape their prison.

"Why are all girls crazy?" I thought aloud looking out my open window at the
rain soaked world.  "Are all Myths supposed to be alone?" I asked myself.
Having decided on an answer I buried my head under my pillow hiding.  "Why
is that?"  I said aloud, I buried myself deep, hiding my pathetic quivering
self away from the world.

I had a lot riding on this, I shouldn't have but I did.  I think perhaps
somewhere in my mind doing this would make me feel a little more normal, at
least for a day.  But it didn't turn out that way.  I thought back to how it
turned out instead.

The council pretty much runs everything, so it was a snap getting out of
school.  The nurse I could tell worked for the council, she didn't show any
shock when she looked at the goose-egg that formed at the back of my skull.
She just handed me an ice pack and called my mother, treating the fact that
I was a werewolf as if it were completely normal.

My Mother arrived within fifteen minutes, she didn't ask any questions.  She
just walked into the nurses' office and told me to grab everything.  I
complied without saying a word. I didn't have much so I just grabbed my
backpack and double checked to make certain I had everything

The ride home was short but silent.  I tried to focus on the usual landmarks
of Greenwood, the City Park, Movie Theater, shopping mall. But somehow I
could tell that something was on my Mothers mind and that distracted me, and
well as set me on edge.

Before long the car pulled into the driveway of my home.  As I hopped out of
the side of my Mothers van, I took a long hard look at my place.  It was a
large white house, old and expensive looking.  However it was unkempt
suffering from many years of neglect.  The yard was large; there'd be plenty
of room for children to play. I'm sure my parents had thought of that when
they bought this place before I was born.  The lawn never was used for
children to play in though, not since my parents bought the place.  It was
left unused and neglected, covered by a thick layer of leaves.

I walked across the lawn towards the door, my mother not far ahead of me.  I
turned around and took a quick glance at my families' unused yard.  They had
plans for it I knew that but they didn't expect me to turn out the way I am.

I walked through the door, turning around to close the door behind me.  I
turned back around and walked straight into my Mom.  "Oh sorry," I said in a
depressed tone, "I didn't see you I guess," I tried to sound as apologetic
as I could muster.

My Mother stood there for a few moments in silence, looking at me with a
pained expression on her face.  "Change," she said in a commanding tone.
"Go to your room and change back."

"What?" I exclaimed in a confused voice.  She's never required me to
disguise myself at home before.  She knew quite well how uncomfortable it
was.  I looked at her face, trying to detect some hint of emotion that'd
tell me why.

"Go to your room and change back," she said once again sternly.  "I don't
want you to come out of your room until you're back to normal."    I stood
there in confusion, a silence between us.  I looked up at my Mother and for
the briefest moment I thought I saw her stern gaze give way to remorse.  For
a moment I felt emboldened by her brief change of demeanor.

"But I." she cut me off abruptly.

"No buts!" she snapped! "You can't do this anymore!" she said almost in a
panic. "You can't be a wolf anymore you just can't." She was visibly choking
back tears at this point.  "You're going be human, like your father and me."

There was silence.  I looked at my mother anger building up inside.  "I can'
t do that," I exclaimed as I pushed past my mother.  "I'm not human like you
or dad," I yelled as I walked away.  When are you finally going to get it?"
I turned and ran up the stairs pausing only momentarily to look down at my
freely crying mother before continuing to my room.

I slammed the door as I entered my room, growling in frustration.  "Stupid
little." in a flash I span around and slammed my fist painfully into the
door.  "Neeheeyyaaaa!" quickly I withdrew my paw like hand in pain.
 "Stupid!" I said while cradling my hurt hand in my other paw.

"Why I am acting like this?" I said as the fog of pain and anger began to
fade.  I walked over to my bed and flopped down.  "This isn't at all like
me." I said as I sprawled out across the bed.

I began to debate with myself weather or not staying in human form most of t
he time would be so bad.  Humans for the most part did seem to lead long
happy lives, at least in this part of the world.  Would it really be so bad
to pretend that I was really one of them, to forget about my nature and live
normally among them?  Or wouldn't that just be running away?  Sure I could
definitely hold human for most of the time, but I'd be denying what I really
was wouldn't I?

The alternative though, if I kept walking a fine line like this.  The
council would take me away.  Away from my home, my parents, everything I've
ever known, everything that has ever given my comfort.  A cold chill of fear
began crawling up my back.  Maybe it was running away from my problem but I
couldn't go against the council, and I didn't want to leave my home.

Reluctantly, I sat up and tried to signal the transformation.  I tried to
concentrate, to bring out the core of my human existence dormant within me.
I tried changing but it was as if my human self was buried under a layer of
cement. I felt my body pulse and contract, shrinking slightly only to hit a
barrier and expand back into its former dimensions.  I kept it up, exhorting
great energy into the change. I began moaning in pain; I was trying so hard
that my whole body began to feel as if it were burning.  The burning slowly
faded away as I sat there in silence catching my breath.

I sat there in silence for a few moments before burying my head in my paws.
It seemed that for whatever reason I wouldn't be running away.  I curled
into a ball and began crying to myself. The full moon was coming. I couldn't
run from that.  I whimpered quietly, I couldn't run.