[Vfw-times] Cassie story-"Inquiring Minds Want To Know"

Rufinoform at aol.com Rufinoform at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 17:23:29 CDT 2001

Written by & copyright of Earl Bacon Foxonian at aol.com

Featuring Cassie, Lucy (Cassie's former drummer) and Jim, a character created
for this story.

Cassie, the Rock & Roll Vixen
http://members.aol.com/rufinoform/Cassie.htm
To see the poster mentioned at the beginning of the story, go to that URL,
scroll down
to Terrie Smith" and click on the link to see the color comission.

Please read the prequil, "Tea For Two", Laretta (Cassie's rhythm guitarist),
Cindy
(Cassie's bassist) and Ben Moss at
http://members.aol.com/CassieRockVixen3/tea_for_two.txt

All characters created by & copyright of Earl Bacon except Laretta, who is
created by
and copyright of Andrew Cotton, Alex, who is created by and copyright of
Donna Fritz,
Vixina & Cloudchaser, who is created by and copyright of Cloudchaser
Shaconage and Ben Moss,
who is created by and copyright of Rick Hobson.

"Well,Guys.  What do you think?" Cassie said as she held the picture up to
the rest of
the group.  The picture was a colored drawing of a red fox furry-morph vixen
with very
long black wavy head hair in a sleeveless, low-cut dress, slitted thigh-high
on her left
side.  There was a neck choker with a ovel blue gem in it's center around the
vixen-morph's neck.  The vixen was sitting on a fence rail on the edge of a
meadow.  There
was a purple electric guitar in the vixen's left hand and light brown nvlon
stockings on
her legs.  To be blunt, this was a picture of Cassie herself.

"Wow! That drawing looks soo cool!" Alex, the arctic fox vixen drummer of
Cassie's
current band exclaimed, "Who drew it?  Was it done while you were sitting
there?"
Cassie giggled slightly as she replied "This picture was based on a photo
Foxonian took of
me at an outdoor music festival a few years ago  He had portrait artist
Terrie Smith draw
this pic from the photo."  "That would sure make a nice poster," Laretta,the
wolfess
guitarist said as she looked closely at the pic.  "Thanks guys," Cassie
began, "But if we do
a nice poster, I want all of you in it with me.  After all, I'm not alone on
stage"  "You
bet your'e not'," Cindy the snow leopard bass player said.

As the rest of the band sat with Cassie on the stage of the Metro Center, the
site
of tonight's gig, an otter furry-morph wearing a plaid shirt, faded blue
jeans and a
baseball cap that said "Gibson USA" on the front walked up to the group.
"Afternoon
Ladies!" the otter said.  "HELLO, SLIM!!!" the entire ensemble, Cassie
included,
replied loudly in unison.  Humf!  Very funny.  Hey Vix, Can I see you over
here for a
minute?"  Slim said as he motioned to Cassie to follow him over to the other
Side of
the stage.  "Sure.  I'll be back in a few minutes and then we can go over the
playlist
for tonight.  That okay with all of you?"  "YES,YOUR HIGHNESS!!!" the band
replied again
in unison, giggling afterwards.  Cassie then looked at Slim and said "I'll
quote you,
Slim, 'Very Funny!' "

With that, the tall furry-morph vixen and the smaller otter morph walked over
and stood at
the side of the stage.  "Okay, Slim.  What's bothering you?" Cassie asked.
"Well it's
like this.  Remember that new guy I hired for the road crew?  Jim?" Slim
said, gesturing
with his right hand paw to the stage door for no particular reason.  The
vixen thought for
a minuite.  "You mean the Australian Shepard guy?"  "That's him," Slim began,
"When one of
my longtime guys decided to take that offer working for a country band doing
their road
work.  I had to get someone fast since we are on tour and all.  Anyway, I
usually like
to check out my guys before I hire them, so I'm sure that they know their
stuff.  Jim
was reccomended by a friend of mine in the business.  Claimed he had done
road work for a
few years and was looking for work."

"Okay so far, Slim, But what's got you riled about him?" Cassie said as she
sat down on
a folding chair, crossing her stocking covered legs as she did so.  "Just
this, Cass.
I caught him spending some of his free time observing you guys.  Not peeking
in showers
or anything perverted, just kind of standing the side, pretending to do
wiring or or
hooking up a mike while either you or the rest of the gals are talking.  Mind
you, we
roadies always have our ears open in case you need us, but each time one of
the other
guys asks him what he was listening to, he just replies 'nothing' and walks
off."

"Mabey he's being polite.  You know how gossip shouldn't be passed around,
Slim," Cassie
said, giving the otter a slightly stern look on her fox-like face.  Slim
removed his cap
and returned the vixen's gaze before speaking.  "Yeah, I agree with you
there, but it's
the other little things about this guy, like when I caught him hooking up a
set of
strobe lights with out hooking the ground leads in.  When I caught him he
claimed he
just forgot, but NO guy I ever hired before made such a stupid mistake like
that."  Slim
then said in a lower voice, "But the reason that got me all worked up and
made me think
you should know about him is that one of my other guys thought they saw him
taking into one
of those micro-cassette recorders.  You know, like the kind reporters use?"

Cassie then sat bolt upright and gave the otter a shocked look.  "Damn! Okay,
Slim.  Get
him out here as fast as possible.  I'll call Andy (the band's wolf-morph
manager) and
Foxonian (the human agent for Cassie and her band, also Cassie's longtime
lover) and get
the band together.  If you are right about him, this affects all of us!"
"So, you agree
that he might be a tabloid plant then?" Slim asked.  As the vixen turned to
walk back to
the band, she replied over her shoulder, "Too many signs are pointing that
way, if you
know what I mean!"

Within an hour, all of the band members were in the lounge that was located
backstage.  Laretta and Vixina, the red fox violin player, were sitting
together on the
sofa.  Vixina was reading an issue of Vanity Fair that some one had left
behind.  Laretta, meanwhile,was adjusting her leather-spiked wristbands.  On
the
opposite end of the room, Rachel, the gothic deer-femme, dressed in her
beer-hall like
dress and blouse and army boots on her feet stood with her arms folded across
her
chest looking slightly bored.  Next to her, sitting on the floor with her
white furred
legs crossed under her one-piece red-minidress, Alex was twirling a drumstick
in her
right white furred pawhand while her left hand was acting as a brace, being
on the rug next
to her left side.

"Ah jes' cain't buhleve et!  This heah mag jes' ates our human fans!" Vixina
exclaimed as
she threw the VF mag on the floor of the lounge.  "Why don't you just put it
in it's
proper place?" Rachel said as she held up a small waste basket.  "Here, let
me!" Alex
then jumped up, grabbed the VF mag and went to the other end of the room.
"Two points if
you can get in, Alex!" Rachell said as she coyly held the wastebasket in
front of her.
Alex then crouched down and crumpling up the VF mag into a make shift ball,
tossed it into
the air and into the can, to a round of applause and cheers.  Just then, the
lounge
door opened.  Cassie and Cindy walked in, follwed by Andy, Foxoriian, Slim
and a very
nervous looking Australian Shepherd furry morph.

Slim closed the door behind Jim and motioned the shepherd to sit in the chair
in front of
him.   "Okay, Jim.  We know that you aren't hear as just a 'roadie'.  Care to
come
clean?  Andy said.  Jim looked around and seeing all the stern looks, began
to speak.
"Look.  I just want to say that I have nothing against you guys. It's just
business,you
know?"  "So you are a tabloid repoter, huh? Cindy said in a snide tone of
voice.  "No I'm
a PI.  Private investigator.  I was hired to find out whatever 'dirt' I could
about you
guys."  "Who hired you?" Cassie asked.  "I don't know her name.  She said she
would let
me know when I gave her something.  Paid me in advance too," Jim said,
looking at the floor
as he said so. Slight drool was falling from his muzzle, which he quickly
sucked in.

"Who would want to know about us?" Laretta asked.  In a slightly exaspirated
voice, Rachel replied "Oh, let's see.  A fan who wants to know EVERYTHING
about her favorite group and has lots of cash to throw around, A tabolid
reporter, the Feds, take your pick!"  Cindy then walked over to Jim and bent
down to face the sitting shepherd so her cleavege could be clearly seen by
him.  "Now Jim, think hard.  Was your employer a furry morph?"  "Yeah.  About
her size," Jim said pointing to Alex.  Andy then asked "Could you tell what
her species was?"  "She was a cat.  I know because she talks like Cindy here,
a slight purr in her voice at times," Jim said as adjusted his tour t-shirt.

Cindy then said "Did she say 'Later, then,' when she finished?"  Jim gave a
slight nod.
Guess who, Cass?"  Cindy exclaimed as she turned to tace a slightly startled
vixen.
"Lucy?!" Cassie replied.  "I'll even lay money on it.  She always was one for
getting
even."  Cindy then said "I have half a mind to pay that little lynx a visit.
Maybe break
all her fingers for starters."  "If you are going to break fingers, break
mine.
I'm responsible for all this," Alex said as she held her hands out to the
snow lepord.
Cindy then gave a sigh and turned to face the whole group.  "Sorry, guys.
That lynx and I
have a lot of old business that doesn't belong here"

"We haf' t' do somethin' 'bout this.  Else how do we know thet she won't try
somethin'
else?" Vixina asked a she adjusted her wide-rimmed glasses on her muzzle.
"When are
you supposed to meet her?" Cassie asked.  Jim looked at the group again then
said "Oh,what
the hell.  I probably just lost my whole PI career by ratting out a client.
Might as
well finish the job.  I'm supposed to meet her tonight outside the concert."
Noticing
the Artic fox frantically waving her paw hand, Cassie said "Yes, Alex, you
have something
to say?"  "Only what he said,'Might as well finish the job.'  Here's what I
have in mind..."

As the concert rocked on inside the Metro, a small looking lynx femme could
be seen
standing near a light pole.  She was dressed all in black leather and gold
chains and looked
a bit like a street thug.  The lynx lit a cigarette and waited for her
contact.  Soon,
she would get her revenge on that vixen that dressed like a Las Vegas hooker
and played
like Jimmy Page on crack.  At least that was her opinion of her.

Why should she think of her like that, since that red fox bitch torpedoed her
whole
music career by setting up that phoney gig with Metal Morph that got her 90
days in the
clink on tresspassing charges (and assaluting two police officers)?  The
thing that
really irked Lucy was that Cindy was hanging around that Vixen trash.  The
lynx always
liked the the snowleopord (both for her playing and for her physical
attributes).  What
a shame that Cindy got pissed off at the lynx's advances. They could have had
a lot of
fun toghether.

Just then, she saw a very solemn looking Austrailan Shepherd walking up to
her.  "Well,
did you get what I asked for?" Lucy said.  Jim handed the lynx the envelope.
"It's all
here.  As promised."  "Remernber, not a word.  I don't know you, you don't
know me.  Got
that?"  Lucy asked, bearing her flings predatory grin.  "Yes.  I got that.
Bye."  Jim
then walked back into the Metro.  Lucy then ran around the corner into an
alley and
quickly opened the envelope.

As she read the transcripts her eyes widened!  Growling and tearing the paers
to shreads,
the leather and gold-ringed lynx stormed off out of the alley toward the
street.
Glancing down at the torn papers, the words could be seen written over and
over "Lucy was
the best, kindest, most caring and FORGIVING drummer we ever had.  Don't you
agree??
Signed Cassie and Cindy."

The End